Chapter Thirteen

Summer 1990

'Cause I need somebody who will stand by meThrough the good times and bad timesShe will always, always be right there

Through the good times and bad times
She will always, always be right there

Sunny days, everybody loves them
Tell me baby, can you stand the rain?
Storms will come
This we know for sure (this we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain?

New edition played in the background as I sat on the porch picking some greens for my mom she has been punishing me since I left for a few days.

Jax doesn't really talk to me as much since everything transpired & that hurts me because he means everything to me as being my brother but I cant force him to forgive me, then there's the woman that I came to love Mo, I have been trying to stay away from her but it's hard it's like she has a hold on me.

"Hey Jan you almost done?" Mariah asked coming out the house with some waters in her hand handing me one.

"Yeah luckily it wasn't too much" I said taking the water from her.

"How long your mom going to make you be the damn maid?" She asked giggling

"Shut up it's not funny, But I dont know she got pissed when I didn't tell her why I was gone for so long"

"Yeah Jan but you know your wrong." She said sipping her water.

"Please don't start Mariah, I heard enough of this shit look I am grown & who I choose to see is my business."

"Yes Janet it is your business but you remember what happened to Jay."

"Dont talk about my sister!" I yelled standing up.

Mariah was taking aback, "Jan I am sorry"

"No Mariah I am tired of you telling what to do you was fucking my brother & didn't tell me but you wanna tell me how to run my life!"

"Janet I said I was sorry." She said

"Whatever look don't bring up my sister & stay out my fucking business!" I yelled grabbing the pot of greens & the bag going in the house closing the door.

I know it was wrong but I was tired of people always telling me what to do I am a grown adult woman & I can make my own decisions.

I put the greens in the sink to clean them as I started tearing up.

"You finish them Jan?" My mother asked coming in the kitchen