Chapter Ten

Summer 1990

"You see we had that nigga shook" Lorenzo said as we drove home after leaving the warehouse

"Renzo I don't think that was the right move what if he comes after us."

"Please that little nigga is not doing anything, calling a truce is the best thing for him & his family because you know we can handle that."

I looked at him as he drove, seeing Janet tonight made me just want to protect her from this bullshit but I know that can't happen, I am glad Jax didn't say anything about us but I know he is going to kill Janet after finding out who I am.

"Look I am bout to go to the trap for a while, I will be back later." Lorenzo said pulling up at home

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes & got out the car, I knew he going to fuck one of his hoes and honestly I don't care.

I went in the house & took a long shower thinking about everything going on in my life, my momma always told me when it rains it pours & honestly she was right.

I put on my robe walking back in the bedroom just as the phone started ringing, "Who could that be?"

I picked up the phone, "Hello"

"Mo.." I heard Janet say in the phone.

"Janet?"

"Yeah, I had nobody else to call" She said sounding like she had been crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Can you come get me I am at the corner store." She said

"Ok I am coming right now." I told her & hung up the phone rushing to put some clothes on & headed out the house.

A short time later I pulled up at the store to see Janet standing there nervously.

I unlocked the door & she got in not saying anything.

"Hey you ok?" I asked

I moved her hair out of her face to see a bruise on the side of her face.

"What the fuck happened to your face?" I asked pissed off

"Jax.." She trailed starting to cry again.

"What did he do?" I asked touching her face.

"Can we get out of here first?" She asked

"Of course baby" I told her & pulled off going to this apartment that I had before Lorenzo & I got married he doesn't know I still have it.

"Tell me what happened." I said putting a wet rag on Janet's face.

"Well after you & Lorenzo left, we went home & Jax was pissed because he figured out that we had been seeing each other he flipped completely out before I knew he had smacked me across the face he tried to apologize but I ran out"

"Where was your mom?" I asked

"She was out with her girlfriend they must have left the house after we did." She said her eyes starting to well up with tears.

"No baby don't cry." I said wiping her tears away.

"Look he will never put his hands on you again, ok I am here now to protect you, I didn't know Lorenzo was going to do that & I am sorry ok." I told her

"It's not your fault" She said looking over at me.

"You know I will never hurt you right?" I asked staring in her eyes.

"I know but you scare me sometime." She said with a tear coming down her face.

"And I am sorry if I do that but you don't have to be afraid of me Janet."

"I... I love you" I told her.

"You love me?" She whispered.

"Yes, I do let me prove that to you" I whispered leaning in looking from her eyes to her lips.

"You going to let me do that." I said attaching our lips together.

Even though we had made out a few times this is the first time that it really felt like love between us.

I leaned us back on the couch as we made out slowly & sensually.

Janet climbed on my lap, "You sure you want to do this?" I asked

"Yes" She nodded.

"Ok, come on" I said moving her off of me & led her into the bedroom.

I turned on the radio so we could have some music playing.

My, My, My (you look so sweet)
Listen
Put on your red dress
And slip on your high heels
And some of that sweet perfume
It sure smells good on you

Janet laid back on the bed as I stripped out of my clothes in front of her, I took my gun off my waist band & put it in my purse along with my pager.

I climbed on the bed attaching my lips to hers.

When I tell you her body is amazing all I wanted to do was taste her all night long we weren't just having sex we were making love to one another.

Janet laid on me as I played in her curls, "Thank you"

"For what?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"For being there for me, nobody really understands me the way you do." She said

"I feel the same way, I will always be here for you no matter what."

"What about Lorenzo?" She asked sitting up looking at me.

"I will handle that ok don't worry" I smirked

"I love you too" She said leaning up kissing my lips.

This is where I wanted to be & if anyone tries to come between us I will handle it personally.