Chapter 7

"So Sengoku, what do you want to talk to me about?" Garp asked as he sat on Sengoku's couch, sticking a cracker in his mouth. "I have a son," Sengoku said, making Garp choke on his cracker. "I didn't know Asami was pregnant."

       "She wasn't."

       "What? Don't tell me you cheated on her-"

       "What are you talking about, Garp? He isn't my biological son, I adopted him."

       "What- ... Oh god, I feel sorry for him."

       "Oh, shut up Garp!" 

       "Anyway," Garp started as he dug into his bag of crackers, "I imagine that's not all you wanted to talk to me about." He made eye contact with Sengoku before stuffing a cracker in his mouth. "Yeah," Sengoku started, taking a sip of his tea, "He was Celestial Dragon, Garp." (Garp choked.)

       "Was?" Garp asked, punching his chest.

       "Him and his family was kicked out when he was four."

       "Why on earth would the Celestial Dragons kick out one of their own?" Garp asked, sticking another cracker in his mouth.

       "Garp, every Celestial Dragon has to be raised the same way. The Celestial's young have strict rules to listen to their parents. Rosinante broke one of those rules and his whole family paid the price." Garp choked again. 

       "Man, I really shouldn't be eating when you're talking about your son. Rosinante was it? Those damn scum really are raised the same, not surprised honestly. But to punish a child like that is-"

       "Cruel, I know. You have a son too, Garp."

       "Oh yeah? Didn't notice."

       Ignoring his sarcasm, Sengoku asked, "Have you been in a situation where you could not make him happy, no matter what you do?"

       "Not really. Why?"

      "Ever since I took him in, I have not heard him speak nor have I seen him smile."

      "Oh... Have you seen a doctor about this?"

      "I did talk to one. Apparently, the only way I can get him speaking again is when he feels extremely happy, but I can't even get him to smile."

       "Maybe you should stop trying so hard. It hasn't gotten you anywhere so far. Maybe you just need a trip to the beach sometime or something and just loosen up. Your brat has a long life ahead of 'em, but for now he needs a sane father."

       "Garp, giving reasonable advice, never thought I'd see the day."

        "Shut up." After that, both Garp and Sengoku laughed, leaving three children - that just arrived for a hang out after school - very confused. "Are these your parents, Rosinante?" Bellemere asked, which made both the admirals stop laughing and scrunch their faces up in disgust. Bellemere saw this and got her answer. 'No, but he is my dad.' Rosinante told them, pointing at Sengoku, whose face was still scrunched up in disgust.

        "So this is Rosinante, huh Sengoku?" Garp asked, pointing at Rosinante. Not even waiting for Sengoku's answer, he introduced himself to Rosinante. "I am Monkey D. Garp, nice the meet ya."

'You as well, Garp-san.'

       Garp started laughing, "Oh~, look at that, Sengoku. I love this kid. I want to steal him."

       "You will not!" Sengoku yelled, making Garp laugh harder.

       "I want food," Garp said after he stopped laughing. "Of course you do," Sengoku commented. "Rosinante, you and your friends can do whatever. Just don't trash the place, otherwise your mother will be pissed." Rosinante nodded before leading his friends to his bedroom.