14

Jungkook walks into the cafe and sees the cutest view ever. Yoongi has a tiny strip of hair braided just in front of his cat ear and at the end of the braid, he has the smallest white bow.

He's extremely cute.

Though the braid is adorable, Jungkook has always thought that Yoongi is cute; he thought that from the moment he first saw him on that dating app.

As of now, nobody sees Jungkook enter the cafe and Yoongi is busy serving one of the two occupied tables, so Jungkook merely stands and waits. He waits, observing the gummy smile Yoongi gives the dog hybrid he's serving. He waits, patient as he watches Yoongi do his thing.

There's normally other workers but they're nowhere in sight and it leaves Jungkook confused.

He doesn't get to think about it much before Yoongi is walking his way, eyes lit cutely once he notices Jungkook.

"Hyung," he says, his voice light and cheerful. He seems to be in a good mood. "You're here..?"

Jungkook nods as he shoves his hands into his pants pockets. "Mhm. Thought I'd come see you. Where's everyone else?" he asks.

Yoongi glances back at the counter. "Ah, Jiminie and I are the only two working right now and he just got a call, so he's in the back."

"You're fine doing this alone?" Jungkook asks, shocked. Yoongi simply giggles.

"It's just making drinks," he tells him. "This is our least busy hour, as you can see." His cat ears and tail point straight up. "Worried about me, huh? I'll be okay. Just sit here and I'll get your order soon, hyungie."

He guides Jungkook to sit at the small table before gently hitting his tail against Jungkook's arm, teasing him with a little grin. Jungkook loves the good mood Yoongi is in, so he smiles even wider than the hybrid does.

After less than ten minutes, Jungkook is given the drink he ordered and Yoongi sits across from him, sighing out as he does. Jungkook eyes him curiously.

"Tired?"

Yoongi shrugs. "I'm on break now. Jiminie just came back in, so I'm resting."

"Good." Jungkook smiles to himself, glad that Yoongi's resting. He slides his drink across the table, offering it, and Yoongi takes a tiny sip through the straw.

His sip is adorable and it makes Jungkook think just how much of a small, cute kitten Yoongi really is. Yoongi slides the drink back and thanks him.

"You're welcome."

They go silent after that because Jungkook also sips his drink and Yoongi has nothing to say. He slides his foot towards the hybrid's and loves how shy Yoongi looks once their feet brush against each other.

"You're so cute," he says, earning the kitten's blush. "We should go on another date, Yoongi. Would you want to?"

Yoongi lowers his head so Jungkook can't see his face. "Are you paying me to go on another date with you?"

With his mind completely blank for a moment, Jungkook just stares at Yoongi. He nearly forgot that Yoongi is only doing this for money in exchange.

"Oh- Of course," he says. He isn't sure what else to say. "I'll pay you." The moment he says these things, Yoongi lets out a sigh. He rests his chin on his hand and pouts to himself.

"Right." He sighs again. Jungkook wonders why his mood changed— he always wonders this. "Hyung, you pay me so much."

Jungkook nods slowly. "That's... what we agreed on doing."

"I know." Yoongi's pout becomes stronger. "Don't you want a real relationship at some point?" he suddenly asks. "I mean, you're a nice guy, you're good-looking, and you seem really loving."

Jungkook sinks back into his seat and now he frowns. "Of course, I want real love. Somebody to love and someone to love me."

"Then why are you paying me to do all these things?"

A very specific flashback plays in the back of Jungkook's mind and he stares at his drink, cringing to himself.

"I just thought... paying for a pretend relationship is much easier than being in a real one."

All people ever want is money anyway.

Yoongi's gaze sinks deep into Jungkook— Jungkook refuses to look him in the eyes.

"Hyung." He looks at Yoongi now, noticing the serious look in his eyes. "You're right. It may be easier to pretend... for some people. I'm sure pretending must be a hard job, huh?"

Before Jungkook can even let his words sink in, another cat hybrid comes up to their table and taps Yoongi on the shoulder.

"Sorry to interrupt," he tells them. They both look up at the calico cat, averted from their conversation. "It's getting busier by the second, hyung. I need some help."

Yoongi nods at who Jungkook assumes is Jimin. "I'm coming." He turns to Jungkook as Jimin thanks him and walks off. "I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, hyung."

There's no time to say much other than "okay, good luck" to Yoongi and Jungkook hates it. He has so much more to say and many things to ask, way too much confusion in that brain of his.

If he's thinking correctly, then Yoongi was just implying that he isn't pretending. He hasn't been pretending all this time... and Jungkook hasn't exactly been the best at keeping his feelings contained either.

Are either of them pretending?

Jungkook knows that he genuinely does like Yoongi and thinks he's so cute, but what's going on in Yoongi's head?

——

——

——

——