chapter 8

Mbuso khoza

He come back and from wherever he went and went upstairs while whistling,  as soon as he opened the bedroom door he saw the trail of blood and quickly followed it to their insurt bathroom.  There he found promise on the floor in a pool of blood motion less , his heart raced a little bit and went on to check her pulse . Luckily it was still beating .

He went downstairs and started destroying the kitchen and lounge,  he took the most valuable things and hid them on the safe and went on upstairs and did the same . When he was satisfied with his work he quickly went upstairs and took a throw and covered promise  , he went on and carried her bridal style and rushed to the hospital with his car .

" help , help " He shouted as he got to the hospital , the nurses ran up to him and took promise to the ER . He tried to follow them but one of the nurses held him back .

" Sir you will have to wait her we will update when we are done  , you can go to the reception to fill in her details. " the nurse said before going in the room after the doctor .

Mbuso sigh in relief and went to reception and filled in her info before calling his friends to tell them that promise was admitted.

Ntokozo moloi

I went to fetch the girls and drove to the hospital,  Mbuso called and told us that there was a robbery in their house last night and Promise was bitten up by the thieves.  We got to the hospital and found all the guys sitting there at the waiting room .

" Have they told you anything?" I ask as soon as we walked in . They all shock their heads . Mbuso was busy pacing up and down the hallway looking all stressed,  shem I feel for him I've been in his position before and I know the pain and stress that you go through.

" Promise khoza " a doctor called Out we all stood up and went to her" Are you family?She asked while scanning us all .

" She is my wife and these are my brothers and their wives " Mbuso lied

" Okey I have good new and bad news " she started, we all kept quite and waited for her to continue talking "the good news is that  She is stable and she will live , and the bad news is that she has broken arm and her backbone . She also miscarried twins that's why she was bleeding alot " Mbuso just sat down and buried hmface on his hands .

"We will kep her here until she is goodto go home " The doctor explained

" Thank you , " I say

" Can we see her " Mbuso ask with his eyes bloodshot red .

" Yes you can follow me , but you won't stay in there for long since our patient needs to rest ." We got to her room and my heart broke when I saw her on that state . Promise is usually the strong one but today she was the one who was lying on the hospital bed with machines connected to her .

///////////////////////
The following day

Promise khoza

I woke to  beeping sound and the smells of medicine and bleach . At first I tried to open my eye but the light was too bright , I tried again and I finally succeeded.  I scanned the room realising that I am in the hospital and all my friends were there but they didn't see that I was awake as they were busy with their phones . I tried to clear my throat and they all snapped and came to me

" Oh my God promise are you okey " Thank God you woke " Maybe we should call the nurse " call the guys and tell them that she is awake " they all say on the same time .my throat was dry as fuck

" Want some water " I nodded " Dikeledi get her some water , look you don't have to say anything right now ." Ntokozo says

" God how can people be so cruel,  I mean they took everything they wanted and they still beat you up like that . Who does that ?" Masindi says as soon as Dikeledi came back and helped me drink the water with a straw I stopped drinking and looked at them .

" Wich people " I asked in shock .

" The people who broke in to your house and beat you up like that " So Mbuso already covered his tracks " Thanks to cctv footage we will be able to see those people,  don't worry the police are involved. " Ntokozo says .

The guys walked in and Mbuso rushed to me and held my hand ,
"thank God you are okey baby i promise to find those busted that hurt you and killed our baby "He says while holding my hand .

" Did I tell you guys that I am expecting I found out a week ago" Masindi says while  holding her stamoch.

" Did I tell you how dumb you are " Ntokozo aks

" Everyday " Masindi response

"Ya you are the dumbest person I've ever met in my life " Ntokozo

I just close my eyes and try to sleep so that they can leave me in peace