Proving a point

You gasped at the statement. "Really? Would you allow me to do that?" "Well, of course, but I need your and the demon's name." The girl known as Kanae said.You immediately replied. "My apologies! I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and this is Doma." "Um, (Y/N)-san, where is Doma?" Kanae asked. You looked around in panic, but calmed down immediately when you saw him. He was clinging to your leg! How adorable! "How did I not feel him?" you thought to yourself. "Ah, there he is" Kanae said. "Doma-kun! Did you hear that? You have a chance to turn back human!" You exclaimed. "Wait, um, Miss Kanae-sama?" "Yes (Y/N)-san?"Kanae answered. "What's a tsuguko?" you asked. "A tsuguko is a Demon slayer trained by a Hashira, in this case that's me. Only the most skilled are let in, but I think you have a chance." Kanae informed. You thought to yourself "Only the most skilled? The only thing I'm skilled at is sewing."

Once you arrived at Miss Kanae's estate, the first thing you noticed was how huge it was. "Miss Kanae-sama?" "Yes, (Y/N)-san?" She saw you looking at the estate's size. "Yes, this estate is mine. It's called The Butterfly Mansion." "It's very pretty Miss Kanae." You said. Kanae noticed something about you that made her facial expression fall. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" "Oh it's nothing, but I was raised on a mountain. I had a small house and we all shared one room. I don't think I belong here." you said as you tugged on your haori and looked down at the ground.

"My dear, you are my tsuguko now! You belong anywhere I am." Kanae said as she pulled you into a hug.

You both settled down and drank tea to kind of get to know each other. "This is so I know your strengths and weaknesses while training." Kanae explained.  You both talked about your ages and your siblings and your hobbies until Kanae asked you a certain question that made you blush "So, you and Doma have been friends for 10 years correct? Are you sure you two aren't dating?" "Wha- what? No! Of course not!" You answered, flustered. "Ok, ok. It's time to start your training." Kanae told you. "I haven't proven my self though." You informed her. "I know, but you have a certain aura that separates you from others. You've proven yourself again by securing that Doma will not eat humans." Kanae told you, smiling.

You looked at her confused "How?" "Remember when you met me? Doma saw I was trying to kill him, but refused to attack and focused on protecting you. When you couldn't find him he was clinging to your leg, but didn't harm you. Doma has gained my trust and I know he will gain the masters."