Chapter 10 - A Dance of Drugs

It was Friday, April 21st, 2023. The students of Freedom Miller High School didn't seem to care about the kidnapping of Gus Blue. For they had their own problems to worry about. Cynthia felt relieved that he wasn't killed or tortured, but she said nothing to Gus.

Gus was in his 2nd Period World Geography class. Gus was sitting in the front of class. Right now the teacher Mrs. Sherman was talking about the Soviet States leaving in 1990 to 1991.

"You see, Kazakhstan was actually the last state of the USSR. Russia actually left just before them. It is kind of sad to see what happened to one of the great superpowers and our main rival,"

Gus could barely keep his eyes open after everything that happened in the past week. He closed his eyes and it stayed closed until Mrs. Sherman yelled into his ear at the top of her lungs

"Wakey wakey, nerdy nerdy," She exclaimed.

The class began to explode in laughter. Especially Tony Bearington, who had been bullying Gus constantly.

Tony was the son of the now mayor George Bearington. He was a short, white kid with a stubble. He was a little bit tubby and had massive leg muscles. He was one of the popular kids due to his father's political status in Benco Falls.

"Imagine being so fucking stupid that you fall asleep in class," Tony said. The class began murmuring in agreement.

Gus was sick of this antagonizing from the majority of his peers. He thought about how he was going to be able to gain power like he did with Ralph back in the day. Maybe Aaliyah knew a lot about gaining power in schools. But everything had to be this way. For now, Gus had to deal with Tony and his grip on the common student.

Tony whispered something to one of his friends sitting nearby. The friend complied with what Tony said. The friend wrote something on an orange sticky note.

"Kick me and suck my micropenis"

The friend got out of his chair. When Gus wasn't looking, the kid stuck the note onto Gus's back.

The bell rang, it was now time for 3rd period English. Luckily, Gus didn't have it with Tony. Gus packed his things up, and started walking in the commons. Then, another one of Tony's friends, Johnny Wilson approached Gus. He kicked Gus with all of his strength. Gus fell on the floor humiliated. Gus Blue checked his back, and felt the sticky note. He was furious about what had just happened and was eager for revenge. Suddenly, an announcement on the intercom came on.

"All students, please go to the auditorium, do NOT go to your 3rd period class."

Gus was relieved because there was an English test today about the hero's journey.

The students began piling up in the auditorium. It was a large theater that was built back when Freedom Miller High School was first constructed. The walls and the chairs all had a feel from the 1920s. At least the auditorium was still the same way it was, even after the constant renovation and modernization of the school.

"I have a lot of things to say," Principal Jordan said. "First of all, there have been some recent injuries. Mr. Volkov tripped and injured his leg while hiking. And you all probably know about the car accident that Chad was in. Fortunately, Chad will fully recover just before the next football season starts. But the main reason that I called this assembly is because I am proud to announce a surprise dance tonight at 7:00 pm. You can bring a friend along if you wish. Admission is 5 dollars. Do not be late."

Gus scoffed at the idea of going to the school dance. But, he remembered that he will probably be forced to go due to the pressure of the Novus Ordo Seclorum. The problem with Gus was the logistics of this plan. He needed backup and support. Luckily, Gus knew the person to talk to.