"I'm listening." I said succinctly. I wonder what concession he wants now.

"I don't want a ceremony. Since I'm already marked just a simple announcement would do. We can just exchange rings in private"

"An Omega who doesn't want a lavish wedding? That's a first." I laughed.

"An Alpha forcefully marking whomever they want is sadly not a first" he said acidly staring daggers at me.

I smiled which seemed to throw him off even more.

"I'm okay with that" I said getting up. I slowly walked all the way to the other end of the long table, not breaking eye contact with him once, and rested again the edge of the table right next to where he was sitting. He shifted his chair back a little and swallowed nervously, all his resolve draining out of him. I picked up a cherry from his dessert plate and ate it. Being so close to him was setting my skin on fire. Goddess I just wanted to bend him over this table and enjoy him right now.

"Anything else Omega?" I asked.

"Jai." He said looking directly at me with an upset expression on his face.

"Huh?"

"My name is Jai. Not Omega."

__________________________________

Jai's POV

"My name is Jai. Not Omega".

But why did I love it when he called me Omega?

I usually hated being called Omega because 99% of the time it's coming from someone who uses it as an insult. Even my own father, I didn't like calling me Omega cause does he call Rishi Alpha? He only does that to assert power over me like I'm a child (which I was tbh). The word is a dangerous one for me. The only versions I accepted were Bromega from Rishi and OJ from Chanyeol.

But Dominic said it so seamlessly, so matter-of-factly that it felt like natural for him to address me as such. Unlike previous iterations, I found no judgement in it. Not to mention, when Dominic said anything with his deep voice and gorgeous mug it sounded like ASMR. He was resting against the table edge with his hands crossed across his chest accentuating his already gigantic pecs.

I love big man tits.

But he needs to know his boundaries.

"Alright Jai." He said cocking an eyebrow. Ngl I thought he'd throw a fit or some stupid show of dominance but I guess a broken clock is right twice a day. This was one. So I had one more left.

"Anything else you want to ask about our matehood?" He leaned in and whispered in my ear, the scent of whiskey lightly wafting on his breath. His firewood volcanic aroma was already difficult to ignore since it was so magnetic. I just wanted to touch him. So bad. Like a moth drawn to a flame, I didn't care if I got burnt because I knew it would feel so good.

I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw and he deeply inhaled at the crook of my neck. My head was spinning in circles. His face right near the mark he put on me. His body right next to me. The butterflies that ran rampant in my belly as his scent engulfed me deeper. Such closeness and I only wanted more.

There's no way in hell he's not my mate.

NO. GET UP. NOW. Nyx bellowed as he willed my body to force me up from my spot.

I got up from my chair and stumbled backwards falling directly onto my ass. The sharp pain broke through the trance, and I saw Dominic looking down at me amused with a mischievous look in his eyes. He was enjoying this show.