013. We do have Forever. (Sequel to Lucy)

Start from the beginning

"Fortunately, you don't need to breathe much." I said, playfully.

"Why?" She asked, as I pulled the laces tight suddenly.

She gasped in surprise, and I whispered a small apology.

The dress though, was quite beautiful.
It was a pale green, and long sleeved.

It brought out the brown in her eyes as she glanced back at me, her hands pressed firmly against the wall of the carriage in front of her.

She anticipated the next series of pulls as the corset cinched her already petite waist and I saw the dress form to her perfectly, slender figure.

I further assisted by pulling the two loose pieces of fabric that hung at her sides and pulled them behind her, securing them across the bottom of the bodice.

I buttoned them together and she half turned to face me.

Jamie was now dressed, and as she slowly sat down, he gave her a small nod.

"You look wonderful, Mina." He said, as she adjusted the collar that tightly framed her neck.

She smiled nervously, as her hand lightly smoothed out the skirt of the dress.

I was last to change and they held the coats around me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her watching me, taking me in like it was the first time seeing me and when I was sure I was facing away from her, a small smile tugged at my lips.

I knew I had forever of her looking at me that way.

Once I was dressed, they lowered the coats and Mina pinned half of her hair back, with the same clasp she wore for Lucy's funeral and her eyes gazed out of the small window of the carriage door.

I leaned down and removed the shoes on her feet, slipping her feet into a pair of white stockings, which she carefully and with the aid of Jamie holding our coats up again as the makeshift curtain, rolled them up her beautiful slender legs and to her thighs.

She lowered the skirt of the dress again and I slipped a pair of pastel green slippers onto her feet.

The ride there was a sporadically bumpy one and I watched as she clung to the couch she was sitting on.

She was nervous, and so I moved from the seat next to Jamie, and came to sit by her.

I pulled her into a reassuring embrace and she welcomed me, her hand gently gripping my arm.

We looked out of the window together and Jamie had a reassuring statement for her.

"Esmeralda has always wanted to see Eddie bring a companion with him. I've brought many, as you can well imagine. And when she sees you, she's going to love you, just as I have come to love you like a sister." Jamie said.

"You're a wonderful man, Jamie and a fiercely loyal friend. I'm awfully fond of you, and I'm glad you're here." Mina replied, with a small smile.

"She's an intimidating woman, but I've seen you do worse." Jamie said, with a grin.

"I hope you're right." She replied.

********************************************
I was expecting tradition, but the clothes had merely been the start.

I was standing in front of a castle, in the centre of the woodland we'd travelled through.

But this wasn't a princess' castle in a fairytale.
This was dark, gothic, and in slight ruin.

The slippers on my feet hadn't made it easy walking on the forest floor, but as always, Eddie had been a gentleman and had hooked my arm through his, guiding me to the castle.