Chapter 29: Escapist ||| Perspective: Ryley Robinson

Ryley jumped into the air and started to glide to the Quarantine Enforcement Platform. He was assuming the gun wasn't on (as it would've shot down the Vesper by now) but he had some suspicions. And he didn't want a second Aurora again. Nori was flying next to Ryley, and Ryley glided slowly.

"Why are we even checking that gigantic gun?" Nori demanded.

"Because I have suspicions." Ryley snapped.

"You know, we could just head up to the Vesper and get the whole fiasco with Luki's sister over with." Nori said.

"Yes, I know, but you have no idea if someone is behind your back, plotting against you." Ryley said, shaking his head.

"Like Alterra's competitor, Ovexin." Nori compared.

"Ovexin is just a complaining whelp of idiots." Ryley snarled.

"If that wasn't obvious with how often they try to provoke Alterra and get shut down by Alterra themselves so quick." Nori hissed.

"The only reason why they get shut down so quickly is because of Kiorn." Ryley added.

"Mhm." Nori mumbled as they flew (or glided.)

The island with the gigantic alien gun was visible quite quickly, and Ryley did a barrel roll in the sky before diving down to land to the sandy beach-like area. Ryley jerked up and landed on the sand with his back legs first, and then he fully landed afterwards. Nori landed on Ryley's shoulder, the blades that floated around him going back to their regular places around his wings and tail.

Ryley started to walk forward to the gigantic weapon, and it looked like it was off, and the lights that were visible inside the weapon's interior still were off. So it looked like it was off, but Ryley wanted to head inside just to make sure. He pulled out a flashlight, and Ryley walked into the alien building. Nori had a sharp eye looking around the base, and Ryley was using the flashlight to navigate the inside. And also from memory, as he'd been at this base multiple times before. Although using his own memory to walk through the interior kept on making some of his more horrific memories flashed back.

"Are you alright, Ryley?" Nori asked, his voice echoing. He must've noticed Ryley's slightly terrified expression.

"I think......it's hard to maneuver this place through memory when most of the memories I have kept are horrifically gruesome and...."

"I'm going to stop you there." Nori snapped, "I'm not suffering through your extremely detailed descriptions of your case of Kharaa that almost killed you again."

"Understandable." Ryley said as he continued to walk through the base, looking for the area that powered the gun.

"And let's just hope your amnesia doesn't come back for round two." Nori snarled.

"I hope it doesn't do round two." Ryley said as he walked up to where he originally shut the gun down. It was definitely off now that he was looking at the disabled power supply (or on switch, he didn't really know what it was.)

"Now we must go back." Nori said with a bored tone.

"Mhm." Ryley mumbled, immediately turning around and making his way out of the gun.

"I hope you don't get re-traumatized all over again on the way back using your memory." Nori snapped.

"Can't say a guarantee right now." Ryley snapped back.

"Yeah, I know, but don't get traumatized once again." Nori said.

"Maybe if you shut up, then I won't get traumatized again using my memory to get back." Ryley snarled.