Chapter 10: Yells and Roars ||| Perspective: Eri Laurchel

It was the day after Eri and a few other dragons who stayed at Operation Alpha went to the floating island. And only a day since Erry was left behind at the island and brought back by Ryley, and Erry got a free pass to not be yelled at and roared at because he was left behind. Meanwhile everyone else who went (including Eri) were yelled at by Ryley and forced to stay at Operation Alpha until further notice.

And they weren't even allowed to go to the moonpools, and if any of them did, Ryley was threatening them to suspend them all the way to the Void Base, which was on the opposite side of the crater.

Eri, who did not want to be sent across the crater, was trying to follow all the rules and do his research from his own desk. Which was hard, because he was assigned as a leviathan researcher, and without being able to study them in their real environments was extremely hard. But he would find a way to follow the rules and not get sent to the Void Base.

He was sitting at his desk, trying to finish editing a PDA entry about a Sea Dragon. Eri was bored, and he just wanted to get this over with so he could sleep. Erry was pretty much lucky that he got three days off from work, and all that Eri knew was that Erry was taking his time sleeping.

Eri was just staring at this PDA entry, trying to remember everything about them Ryley had told Eri about. As the place where the Sea Dragons lived was restricted, and nobody except Ryley was allowed to go down there. So Ryley would always have to fetch the information for Eri. And Eri knew how much Ryley hated having to do it, and he always grumbled that he'd rather let Eri go down there, but he wasn't allowed to let anyone even touch the entrances.

Is this temperature the right temp for how hot their fire is? Eri asked himself in his mind, I don't even remember if the temperature listed right here is even correct.

Eri laid his head in one of his talons, tapping a claw on his forehead. He felt himself bare his teeth in frustration as he tried to remember the things he needed to edit. And if he needed to change any information.

Should I just go report to Ryley and say that I was unable to finish without the right information? Eri fought with himself on whether to suffer sitting at his desk until they were allowed the free time that came around sunset, or just say he didn't have enough information and finally sleep again?

Just tell him, he'll get the information for you, even if he hates it. Eri convinced himself. Eri got up from his chair, knocking it over. He perked his chair back up before he left to report to Ryley, who was probably somewhere in his office, and Eri knew he was not in his observatory. Which he usually was, so that was strange.

Eri walked in the corridors, walking to the ladder that led up to Ryley's office and ignoring the signs outside it. He opened up the bulkhead and climbed up the ladder, which was a lot taller than the other ladders in Operation Alpha.

Eri finished climbing the ladder, and he stretched his back legs when he got to the top. Then he rounded the corner and walked into Ryley's office.

And.......he was nowhere to be found.

Actually, that was kinda false.

Eri had to look around for a minute or two until he finally spotted Ryley, and Ryley was asleep on the floor, right next to the entrance to his observatory. He looked like he was in such an uncomfortable position, but it looked like exhaustion took him over and he fell asleep. It did not look like Ryley was sleeping peacefully at all, either. His wings, claws, and tail kept on twitching. His head would move around sporadically, and sometimes his body jerked randomly in his sleep. And Eri was noticing that Ryley continually muttered something, or somethings in his sleep. As if something was bothering him severely.