[10]

Enjoy
******************************

"We need to see I.D.," the lady at the front desk said with a cool, collected voice. "We were specifically asked to I.D. anyone that came to check-in. For safety reasons, obviously," she added, eyeing the three women.

What a bitch, Nikki snorted, throwing a glance at Addy. She completely understood was Nikki was communicating.

But they still showed their I.D.

"Nicole Edelman..." She scanned a list in front of her, then handed it back to her. "Adelaide Murphy..." She scanned the list again, and it took longer for her to give Addy her license back. "Hazel Thompson." Then she gave Hazel her I.D.

"And my son, Ashton Edelman, should also be on the list," Nikki said coldly, something flickering in her eyes that Hazel didn't really recognize.

"You're all set," the woman replied monotonously. "Here are your key cards. You'll need them to get into your rooms and to reenter the hotel. It's imperative to make sure you have them when you leave."

"Thanks. We'll be sure to remember. Have a good day," Addy said hurriedly. The three girls (and Ashton) went to the elevator, bags in tow. They waited for a few seconds.

"She was rude," Nikki commented. Addy laughed.

"She's right," Hazel added. "She didn't have to be so rude. By the way, I meant to ask you earlier. How come Gisele didn't come with us?"

"She doesn't like me," Nikki said with a blank face, then she and Addy started laughing. "Just kidding. She was doing something, and she couldn't catch a flight out until tomorrow morning. What floor are we going to anyway?" she asked Addy nonchalantly. They stepped in the elevator.

"Fourth floor," she replied. Nikki hit the fourth floor button, and they started up.

"Are you excited to see Daddy?" Nikki asked Ashton.

"And Uncle Danny and Uncle Tom and Uncle Jimmy and Uncle Rob and Auntie Alex and Auntie Gisele," Ashton nodded his little blonde head.

"Who's Alex?" Haz asked, furrowing her eyebrows. She knew she should know, but it was evading her mind right now.

"Rob's wife. She's a coach. Sorta," Addy added with a laugh. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows again. "It's a long story," she explained.

"Ah. Well then. Ashton, are you excited for the game?" Hazel asked him. He nodded again.

"Please, Hazel," Addy laughed, "everyone is excited for the game. Even non-Patriots and Seahawks fans."

"That is true," Nikki chuckled as the elevator came to a stop. They stepped out.

Hazel was impressed by how casual these girls were about all this, but it occurred to her that they did this all the time. They travelled around the country and they stayed in hotels and they did all of this all the time. This was their life, and maybe, just maybe, it would be Hazel's someday, too.

"Hazel, what's your room number?" Nikki asked. Hazel took the keycard from her pocket. Her room number was sixteen.

"Sixteen," she replied dazedly. She was lost with the fact that this could be her life.

"Alright. I'm in twenty," Addy said.

"And we're in five. We'll see you guys at dinner, right? I'm assuming you're going to be hanging out with your respective guys?" Nikki asked. Haz nodded.

"I'll see you at dinner," she nodded. She split from the other two and went to her room.

When she entered, it took her by surprise how big the room actually was. Two queen sized beds were situated on the back wall, facing a TV. There was a mini fridge next to the TV stand, and a couch diagonal to the television set. The rug beneath her toes was a soft black, and it matched the drapes that covered the balcony doors. The sun was shining into the room, and two chrome lamps sat on a mahogany desk between the beds. It was nice.