"You're about to learn how little cowboying ranchers get to do, it's the cowboys that have all the fun," Kayce watched his father leave and was starting to wonder what the fuck he got himself into.

As Kayce started making his way down to the wranglers to tell them what to do, Mae turned her horse, Hades, towards the stables. Ryan, Rip and Travis followed her, she wasn't okay, they could all see that. They watched as she angrily put away her saddle and gear.

"Darlin'-," she interrupted Ryan, "Don't. Please just don't."

"Little Bit, you can't keep this grudge, it'll kill you," Rip informed Travis of everything that happened and how much of a toll it was taking on her. She was barely getting any sleep from sneaking in and out of the ranch and they noticed when she slept in the bunkhouse that it was far from a restful sleep. She's never not talked to her father before, he was her rock, and this was breaking her but she was stubborn, stubborn as her whole family.

"After what they did to you, Rip, I can't just forgive them. They took your home from you, your first home! Lee would have wanted his cabin to go to you, he knew that you were the best choice, and as much as I love Kayce, he hates this place. He's hated it since our mother died, and he'll always hate it. You're family, you've always been family, my brother and father should respect that, they should see how much you mean to this place, they should see how much you mean to this family," tears were already falling as she angrily tried to wipe them away.

Rip sighed, he couldn't take it anymore: "Okay, that's it! Listen to me and listen to me good. This is your family's ranch. I am just grateful for being here, for still being able work for your family, to still be here every time you or your father need me. Kayce still has a shit ton to learn about being foreman but I'll be there for whatever he needs to help him because it is what your father wants. I don't care if I'm not foreman, all I care about is that I get to wake up and work on this beautiful ranch with animals that I adore. Now stop this shit with them, I don't need you fighting with them over me and I definitely don't want you to. Your family has enough drama and shit to deal with, I don't need to be adding to it."

Rip walked up and wiped the last couple of tears from her eyes as he hugged her to him tightly, kissing her forehead: "Do you understand me?"

Mae nodded into his neck: "Yes."

"Good, now go to sleep. The bags under your eyes are bigger than a fucking raccoon's," Mae gasped and pulled away from him, hitting his chest.

The men chuckled at her reaction as Rip kissed her head again before leaving.

"He's right, Little Bit. I'm taking Charlie out for some brother-sister bonding and you get at least two hours of sleep before starting to set up for the party tomorrow. I'm going to tell Gator, to make sure that you do," Mae reached up and kissed Travis' cheek.

"I will, Trav, thank you," Travis left after that and Mae turned her attention to Ryan.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier," she whispered and he smiled as he placed his hands on either side of her face before placing a kiss on her head.

"It's okay, you didn't mean it and you've been going through a lot. One snap's not going to make me run from you, nothing's going to make me run."

"I love you," Mae whispered as she placed a kiss to the side of his mouth. Ryan smiled before placing a full kiss on her lips: "I love you too."

"Are you going out with the wrangler's to push the cattle up to the pasture?," Mae asked as she fiddled with the lapels of his jacket.

"Not today. Your dad asked me to help register Kayce as an official livestock agent. We're just staying until he tells the rest what to do before going into the office," Ryan replied as he moved his hands down to her waist and started rubbing patterns into her skin. Mae closed her eyes and rested her head against he chest. She just needed the physical comfort right now and somehow he knew, he just always seemed to know what she needed.