It'll be fine!

Ships: Anhane, Kotoya
Summary: Kohane is upset after a(nother) rough practice and An comforts her.

{ •♡• }

"Look at how much work Akito has put into his improvement lately. We all need to step up our game to keep up."

"Y-yes, but..."

"I'm not going home."

Insert VBS minus one in Crase café late Sunday night. Everyone is tired. Toya is bordering on, not to use mental health terms lightly, mania. Kohane is up past her bedtime. An is useless and a laughing mess. Kohane is reluctant to sing a difficult song. She and Toya are getting into the closest thing to an argument.

"Guys, let's just chill..." An tried, head slumping slightly.

"Everything is fine," they both responded. An could still sense the tension.

"What if... We try it once! Eh? Eh?" She turned to the two.

Kohane pouted a little. "I'm okay with that."

Toya nodded. "Okay. Let's do that, then."

They sung through the song. While everyone made mistakes typical of growing pains into a new song, Kohane sung much softer than usual, not used to this style of music. Toya noticed.

"Azusawa-san, you almost seem to be scared of this song. Is something wrong with it?"

"N-no. Nothing's wrong, Aoyagi-kun."

"... Then... Why aren't you trying?" Kohane let out a small surprised 'eh?!' and he rephrased. "N-not that you aren't trying!! I-I know you are..." He had quickly talked his way into a not fun situation. He chided himself for not being different with his words, most of all to Kohane.

An perked up from yawning. "Lay off, Toya. What do you think's gonna happen when we drill a song at midnight?"

"Azusawa-san," he tried again. He tended to go easy on the cute girl, but today he wanted this song, in full, and flawless. "I think that you need to push a little harder," he remarked.

"I-I'm trying..." she mumbled, a little defensive. "What should I do?"

"You should look over it again, maybe spend some time on the parlor. Expand into it."

"... I'll try. It's not coming to me, though."

"There's a reason for that, you know."

"?"

At this point An was a background piece, taking in this situation with her fingertips together.

"To put it simply, you're not putting in enough, Azusawa-san."

...

"Understood." Kohane walked outside. An turned to Toya in shock as the door closed. Kohane's passive face instantly cracked as tears escaped. She knew she shouldn't be crying. She was prepared to be challenged when she joined VBS.

Toya came onto the parlor.

"Azusawa-san?" She wiped her eyes (the equivalent of scrubbing a floor made of dirt) and turned to him. He made an inappropriate observation on how cute her tears looked in the café's glow.