The room felt relatively warm. Her gaze landed on the bed to find the kids sleeping, under the quilt. Mukti was in the middle. Her one arm was securely around Pari. Ruhaani smiled. Some bonds were so pure. Pari now had a sister figure. Someone who would always look out for her. Slowly Pari was getting all that, that Ruhaani had always wished for her.

"Mukti's become so fond of her." 

Ruhaani turned to look at her fiancé. His voice was low and soft. It was almost hard to say it was his. His gaze that had been on the girls shifted to her. They silently looked at each other. Being together could make both their lives, the lives of the people that mattered to them so much better, so much more beautiful.

All Aadarsh thought in that moment was how important it was to keep Ruhaani happy. To give her no chance to complain. It was heartwarming to watch Mukti happy. She had no time to complain about anything that was missing from her life. Her day started at Pari and her new Bhabhi and ended at them. Even Nirvaan had started forming a bond with both of them. 

Ruhaani didn't know what went on his mind as he looked at her so intently. At this point it was hard to guess. His gaze made her uncomfortable. She could make out he was thinking about her. Shedidnt have the brain power to ponder, she was done thinking for the day. She just wanted to get into the quilt and drift into the land of sleep.

"I will take Nirvaan with me. You can sleep with the girls." He said.

"Uh, it's fine. I think we can adjust."

"You don't have to. I will take him along." Saying that he walked to the other side of the bed where Nirvaan slept wrapped in his own separate blanket. She watched as Aadarsh tucked the blanket around him and scooped the boy in his both his arms along with blanket. Nirvaan stirred in sleep and rested his face against his brother's chest. 

"Good night!" Aadarsh whispered pausing as he reached her. He turned to gaze at her. "Make yourself at home. If you need anything, just ask Dai Jaan."

She nodded. "Good night!" She whispered, her gaze lowering from Aadarsh's face to Nirvaan. Her eyes followed the man as he walked out. She blinked. Every time she found a reason to not like him, she also found one to appreciate him. 

* * *

"Good morning, Dai Jaan!" Aadarsh murmured as he reached the kitchen, he was glad he had worn the sweater. Downstairs, the rooms were colder,  perhaps because of the kitchen window and the opening and closing of the door to the lawn from the kitchen. He folded his arms across his chest to keep himself warm.

"Good morning, Chote Saab." She beamed at him. "Tea will be ready in a few minutes."

He nodded, "umm, Ruhaani up yet?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Did she have any problems?"

"Nothing as such. Just er, she had trouble with the pajam so I took one from your Shelly Bua's cupboard and gave her."

"Hmm, thanks!" He mumbled sounding groggy. He knew why Dai Jaan chose to tell him something as insignificant as that. Shelly Bua was very particular about her belongings. She'd be livid if she came to know her cupboard was touched, her garment had been taken and shared with someone else. It was a good thing she wasn't in town. She wouldn't know.

He crossed the living hall, walking towards the guest room. Abhi had dropped him a message later last night to tell him that he would be staying at a friend's place. Ashvi he had presumed was already up by having noticed the light of her room on, when he was making his way down. 

The door of the guest room was half-way open. So he decided to peep in. He stealthily inched towards the door and peeked inside. His gaze was greeted by the sight of Ruhaani sleeping in the middle of the bed with the girls on her either side. While Pari was snuggled up against her mother, Mukti was also close to her with her arm on Ruhaani. He smiled as he saw Ruhaani's left hand over hers.