"No," I begged pitifully, shaking my head. I truly feared what Alex was about to do to me. Every swat he had given me so far, since he spanked me on my very first night here, was much harder than what Damon did.

"I should be going downstairs to get the wooden spoon," Alex said sternly. "That's what Damon would do, and it's what you deserve. But I'm not going to, because I don't want to bruise you, and on top of the spankings you got yesterday, the risk of bruising you is too high. So I'll just use my hand. But make no mistake Carrie, if you ever do anything like this again, I won't hesitate to use the spoon, okay?"

I nodded as tears filled my eyes. Knowing that I wouldn't be getting the stingy spoon was small consolation, really. Alex's hand was as hard as a board and he put a lot of power behind it. Alex could make a spanking with his hand hurt just about as much as the spoon did.

"But I have my period," I whispered, embarrassed. "You can't spank me when I have my period. It's embarrassing!"

"You can keep your panties on," Alex assured me. "But you've vomited on me, remember? Lying across my knee to be spanked during your period is no more embarrassing than that, surely." It should have been a question, but Alex didn't say it as one. It was more of a statement.

Despite myself, and the predicament I was in, I cracked the smallest of smiles. Alex had taken such good care of me that day, he'd been like a giant teddy bear. He'd made me feel safe and loved. I liked the soft, gentle side of my brutal Mafia brother.

"I don't want a spanking," I muttered. "Besides, you already spanked me!"

"Those few swats to make you move hardly count as a spanking, Carrie. I think you know that. Three or four smacks isn't enough punishment for an offense of this magnitude. What you did - going off without security - was really serious. It's important you learn that."

"I have learned, I promise," I insisted, trying to stall him. Or talk my way out of it completely, preferably. But stalling would be okay in the meantime.

But Alex just shook his head. "I don't think you have. But you will. Come here."

Alex was already holding onto my hand, so he just transferred his grip to my wrist and tugged me to stand in between his knees, before pushing me down over his left thigh. He adjusted me so my bottom was high in the air then he put his right leg over the top of mine, trapping me.

I shivered, and grabbed at his pants legs frantically, trying to stabilize myself, as he lifted up my uniform skirt and smoothed it out over my back. This was not good. This was not good at all. I squirmed, trying to get away, but all that happened was Alex growled at me to stay still.

I held my breath and waited. And waited. I waited so long for Alex's hand to fall that I started to wonder if he'd changed his mind and wasn't going to spank me after all?

"You are never, ever to go out without security again, do you hear me? There are people who want to take you to get to Damon, to get to us, to hurt us. There are people who want to take you to use you as a bargaining tool There are other people who want to kill you, to hurt us. To get revenge. That's why Damon told you on your very first day back here with us that you would always have security with you, to keep you safe. Do you get it now, Carrie? Do you have any idea what it would do to us, to lose you? To have you taken from us?"

Alex didn't give me a chance to respond. Instead, he started smacking my butt before he'd even finished talking, and the smacks came hard and fast, relentlessly, without stopping.

I kicked and squirmed, wriggled and screamed. I sobbed, my shoulders shaking and my tears rolling down my cheeks and dripping off the end of my nose to form a puddle on the floor beneath me. But Alex kept spanking me. Viciously hard swats that stung and burned.

On top of the spankings I'd gotten yesterday - first from Damon and then from Nick - this was terrible. It felt far worse than anything Damon had dished out, even though I knew it probably wasn't. The rational side of me knew that Alex was holding back his strength and was taking care not to use too much force, but all I could really focus on was the pain. The sting and burn, the fire that threatened to flame on my backside.

"Stop! Please stop!" I begged, bordering on panic. I was nearly hyperventilating, very close to hysteria. I couldn't take this anymore. I really couldn't.

Alex must have heard in my voice that I was close to freaking out completely because he stopped spanking me and rested his hand on my scorched bottom instead, rubbing my back in circles, tangling his fingers into my hair, kneading my scalp soothingly.

"You're okay," he crooned, comforting me.

I didn't make any move to sit up, and Alex didn't shift me. He just let me lay there, sobbing wretchedly, and he rubbed my back gently, trying to calm me down.

"It's over now Carrie, stop crying."

"I... I... c...can't!" I hiccuped. I wanted to, I really did, but I was sobbing uncontrollably and I couldn't turn it off just because Alex told me to.

He picked me up and turned me to sit on his lap then, mindful of my sore bottom, and cuddled me in close to his chest. He kissed my forehead tenderly.

"Please don't ever make me do that to you again, Carrie-girl." Alex sounded sad. "I didn't enjoy having to spank you so hard. Please just listen in the future, okay? Keep security with you at all times."

"You didn't have to do it in the first place!" I objected through my tears. "Nobody told you to spank me! I didn't make you do it! You already grounded me!"

"Grounding you is fine for some things," Alex said. "But for serious things like this, you need something that you will remember. My hand is stinging, so hopefully your bottom is sore enough that you will remember to take security with you in the future. We don't want to lose you, Carrie-girl. Paul and his team are there to keep you safe. They're very good at their jobs. You need to let them do them."

Alex's arms wrapped tight around me, holding me securely. He made me feel cherished, but also so tiny and helpless. It was like he was trying to show me just how little I was, and how I would be no match against the men who might try to hurt me to get to them.

"I understand," I whispered. "I won't try to evade security again, I promise."

Alex kissed my forehead again before he let me go.

"Good. I love you, sweet girl, we all do. We don't want anything bad to happen to you. It would destroy us."