Tears

It wasn't very long, ten minutes maybe, before I heard footsteps approaching and there was a gentle tap on my half open door. Not Damon come to tell me off for slamming the door, then - he wouldn't bother to knock.

"Carrie?"

It was Rocco. I didn't say anything, but that didn't stop him. Without waiting for an invitation he waltzed right on in and sat down beside me on my bed, pushing my shoulder so I rolled over to face him.

"What?" I grumbled.

"Come downstairs and share my Cheetos," he said.

"Why?"

"Because it's better than sitting up here all alone, wallowing in your misery," he pointed out.

"Maybe I like being miserable." I tried to roll back over again so I could bury my face back in my pillow, but Rocco wouldn't let me. Instead, his trip tightened around my bicep and he pulled me so I was sitting up.

"Noone likes being miserable," Rocco insisted. "Now come on. Hop on my back and I'll carry you down."

"Won't I get in trouble?" I asked, a teensy bit afraid. "I mean Nick sent me to my room and I've been in enough trouble with him tonight, I don't want to get in any more."

Rocco smirked. "Yeah that probably wasn't your best moment, was it? But he's at work and Damon said you're allowed out. He doesn't think it's good for you, being all alone in here."

"So I'm not in trouble for slamming my door, then?" I looked at Rocco hopefully, giving him a cheesy grin.

He grinned back and then reached out and ruffled my hair. "Probably, but not with me."

He looked at me for a moment before getting to his feet. "Now come on and I'll carry you down nicely. Otherwise I'm going to pick you up by your feet and carry you down there upside-down."

I pouted. "That's not nice," I grumbled. "Why are you being so mean to me?"

"How is offering to share my Cheetos being mean?" Rocco asked, jabbing his fingers into my side, tickling me and making me squirm.

"Carrying me by my feet isn't exactly kind," I pointed out.

"Well come down voluntarily then and I won't have to."

Rocco tickled me again, for good measure I guess, then pulled me to my feet. "Come on sis, the Cheetos are good."

I jumped onto his back, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He caught my legs and held me steady, and carried me from my room.

Logan's bedroom door was shut tight as we walked past.

"Is everyone still in there?" I asked, letting go of Rocco for a moment to point.

"Yep."

"Is he okay?"

Rocco hesitated for a second, then nodded. "He will be," he reassured me. "The boys will take care of him."

Rocco carried me into the kitchen and grabbed the Cheetos then dumped me down on the couch before plonking himself down next to me. He grabbed the remote off the coffee table and handed it to me.

"Your pick. Not Frozen or Moana or anything else stupid like that, choose something decent."

"Pitch Perfect?"

"Fine."

I grabbed a handful of Cheetos, turned on the movie, and snuggled in against Rocco. My big brothers all made good pillows, and Rocco was no different. Despite working out so much he was a solid ball of muscle, he was soft and cuddly where it counted, and I cuddled in next to him, content. We sat there together in comfortable silence, watching the movie together. It was quite nice, just me and him.