Rematch

(Y/n) POV

I am in the training room in my Charmeleon form and doing an obstacle course specifically made for me by Tony and JARVIS. I have to dodge missiles, parkour, burn through walls, and leap over pit falls, it's a hard one but...

(Y/n): *lands breathing heavily* ... Time.

JARVIS: A new course record, 3 minutes 12 seconds.

(Y/n): *annoyed sigh*

Wanda: That was good though, (Y/n).

I look and see Mom standing with a tray of high energy snacks and water.

(Y/n): It's not good enough. It never will. I never will be good enough.

Wanda: *saddened sigh* Come sit with me.

I listen and sit down at a table as Mom sets the tray down then takes a seat herself.

Wanda: I know I've told you this almost everyday since I found you, but you are good enough.

(Y/n): How? I tried and fought my hardest against that Incineroar person and I failed. Now he's still out there with that dangerous power hurting people and I can't do anything to stop him.

Wanda: But you will, I know you will.

(Y/n): I'm not strong enough, Mom. I don't know why I'm even trying anymore.

Wanda: You have to keep trying.

(Y/n): Why?

Wanda: Because that's how life works. Nothing is going to hit you harder than life. Life will beat you down to your knees and keep beating you if you let it. The only way you'll succeed is by standing up and taking those hits on the chin and keep pushing forward. That's how winning is done, and you are a winner.

(Y/n): ...... How can you have so much faith in me.

Wanda: Becuase I'm your mother and I love you. So do all of the Avengers, your friends and everyone you've ever helped. The only one left to convince is yourself.

Mom stands up and kisses my forhead before leaving the room. She is right, I need to keep trying and when I see the fiery furball again, I plan to even the score.

Timeskip 3 Days Later

I am walking with Kevin to our lockers, Gwen then shows up late and meets us by the lockers. When suddenly, I hear terrified screaming, I look down the hall and see students running from something.

Kevin: What's going on?

I look down the hall and see Incineroar smash into the hallway.

Gwen: No way. How is he still free?

(Y/n): Evacuate the school! Go!

Gwen and Kevin start to run.

Gwen: Wait, *turns to me* (Y/n)!

(Y/n): Go now!

Kevin: *grabs Gwen's arm* Let's go!