Chapter 7

[Mia POV]

As I shut my new front door close, and made my way to the kitchen to pack away my groceries, I thought of my short but eventful trip to town, particularly the hot stranger named Christian. My front door, I thought that thought alone brought a smile to my face as I dawned in me that this house was mine and mine alone.

As I thought of Christian, a blush made its way onto my cheeks, but why would I be blushing he wasn’t even flirting with me. Besides, I thought a hot guy like him can never be single. I didn’t even get to spy his fingers for a wedding band as it was safely tucked away in his jacket.

I didn’t miss the whispers and stares that followed him though, some people even went as far as stopping what they were doing to watch him converse with me, but he seemed oblivious to it all or was just ignoring it.

I wonder what’s his story…as a person wouldn’t be followed by prying stares and whispers wouldn’t have a story. Maybe he is an ex-convict I thought now that would be excitement for this new town.

Oh Mia, Mia, Mia what are we gonna do with you your thoughts are quiet humorous, my subconscious said mockingly. I know I am quiet the comedian aren’t I? I thought back mockingly. And there it is people, proof of my insanity.

As I lay in bed later that evening, with the sexy, mysterious Christian still invading my thoughts, I ran my hand through my now brunette hair. I died it at a hairdresser I spotted in town, I even cut it in layers, my hair was meant to be brown but because of the red it turned brunette but who cares its different and I think I look nice.

I touched the small gem that now adorned my nose; I never could have had these things in my father’s house so now that I was free of them, why not take the full plunge and do all the things I couldn’t.

With a smile on my face, for the first time in many long years I slept a peaceful sleep, with my accomplishments for the day and Christian in my mind.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

[Christian POV]

After my shower I made my way to my piano but instead of playing I just stared at it. At first glance you would see an old piano but if you looked more closely you would see history. As I started at it a see splatters of blood that I missed and had long ago dried up, but it made me remember her, it eased my pain knowing I was feeling a fraction of what she felt. They keys had faint staining of blood that no amount of cleaning with whatever detergent can wipe away.

A bitter smile made its way on my face as I realized that. It made me feel sadistic to enjoy that but I shook the thought from my head as seeing the blood stains simmer my always blazing pain. After a few more minutes I made my way to the exercising room in the basement to let off some steam.

After Ileana’s death I realized without her I was a lost wandering soul. She was my rock; she grounded me, provided me the stability and showered me with so much love. She showed and gave me things I never thought possible. She gave me hope of a better life but little did she know I only wanted that better life if she was in it. And she isn’t now so why do I get to live and she didn’t? She was perfect but she didn’t know it.

Her smile lighted up my world and I tried my very best to always earn one, she lighted up my world. She had wicked lips on her heart-shaped face, eyes that held so much knowledge and if you searched further you can see the pain and suppressed mischievousness. She was angelic. She was my angel.  She was so beautiful, untainted and pure hearted. Why did this have to happen to her?

Then the nightmare tainted me while I was awake slowly poisoning my mind and killing me. I pumped the weights harder as horrendous images bombarded all my senses. I could feel the blood singing in my ears hissing a bitter song; it became harder to breathe the faster I pumped. I let out a frustrated growl as I slammed the weights on the ground and ran my hands through my hair.

Why didn’t I see the signs? Why didn’t she love me enough to stay? How could I have been so blind? All these questions ran through my mind as my heart continued to pound wildly. I could feel the walls closing in on me; black dot swam in my vision as I stumbled out of the room. My throat felt close off as the air tried to push through. I could feel unconsciousness on the brink as my knees hit the floor in a heavy thud and I welcomed it.

As I eyes cracked open the setting sunlight streamed through a crack in the curtains and hitting me straight in the eye. As I tried to move my entire ached in process and left me moaning in pain and discomfort. What the hell happened, I thought as stood with the aid on the door frame and great effort I might add.

As soon as I stood up I wished I stayed in the ground, the place was swimming and my legs shook with the strength it took for me to stand. After the place settled and everything was in their rightful place and not floating around, I took a a great deal of shaky steps clinging to the wall as my lifeline until I made it to my bedroom.

When you are in much physical pain as I am right now, a quick tip: do not drop onto the bed or it will result in more pain than you started out with. As I tried to calm my breathing, I tried to remember what happened. What lead me to exert myself so much I blacked out with little to no memory and almost disabling my ability to walk for a short time.

After a few minutes of my mind going in circles trying to draw a conclusion, I gave up. What the fuck really happened I thought with a wince as I tried to get more comfortable. Let me tell you another tip that was a bad idea, when in pain do not move at all!You would think after you would have learnt after the first time my subconscious mocked. Ignoring my subconscious jibes, I let myself fall into a fitful sleep as I was bone tired despite my recent fainting.

A persistent knocking woke me up from my sleep. Knocking? I questioned maybe I am starting to imagine things now I thought, I certainly wouldn’t be shocked as I lived all the way into the forest alone and I had infrequent visits to the town. Another hoard of knocking followed the first set, okay so someone was definitely knocking on my door.

As I made my way to my front door with cautious painful steps, cautious as the person could be a serial killer for all I know and painful from my workout earlier. Besides, no one knows where I am living besides my family, my immediate family that is. But no, it couldn’t be them I am sure they want nothing to do with me after the way I treated them and all they were doing was showing me support and trying to help me. I am such an asshole, I thought.

Another round of knocking broke me from my thoughts again. “Jesus!’’ I exclaimed annoyed “I’m coming, I’m coming!” I swung open the door, almost collecting a knock on my face and my mouth fell open in a audible ‘pop’ as I gasped in shock at the equally shocked face that stared back at me.

.