Bonus Chapter: Blood Stained Kiss

TW: A lot of angsty shit because if I actually say the warnings, it will be spoilers 😅

Everything happened too quickly.

Without hesitation, she brought down the dagger on the high general's knee.

He yelled and loosened his hold for a few seconds and she took the opportunity.

"Icarus!" She yelled out running towards him.

"Reyana!" He was about to fly towards her when a spear pierced perfectly through his wing.

He cried out in pain and crashed to the ground. Her eyes widened with fear and shock as she reached up to him.

"Icarus! You're bleeding!"

"Y-Yea it's fine, I'll be- Look out!"

Sharp throned chains surrounded her body as fell to the ground. She grunted in pain as the thorns pricked her body.

Icarus quickly stood up ignoring his pain and stood before her, protecting her from the devils.

"Leave her alone, you bastards!"

"Look at this, a bleeding traitor protecting his damsel in distress. Men, kill him and bring her back to me!" The devil king yelled out his words as the rest of the devils flew in.

Icarus had even more disadvantages as he couldn't fly anymore. But that didn't seem to worry him, he only cared about protecting her. His safety came last.

Reyana tried to break out from her chains but the thorns pierced her more as she continued struggling.

She closed her eyes and tried to bring out her powers, but alas nothing.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she saw Icarus getting injured even more. He had two arrows pierced through his body, a spear through his wing, and many cuts and wounds.

He looked back at her for a moment as fury raged in his eyes, seeing her condition.

He screamed in frustration and plucked the spear from his wing and threw it at the high general. The high general smirked as he caught the spear with his hand and used it as a cane.

Icarus broke the arrows and produced a huge red blast toward the devils. They screamed and cried out as their body exploded and blood spewed everywhere.

Reyana closed her eyes as she felt some blood fall upon her body as well.

She panted and then looked at Icarus who now stood like a broken soldier.

The tip of his sword touched the ground where blood pooled around. Blood dripped from his hair to his face as he licked his lips, his red eyes glowing.

The devil king shook his head in disappointment seeing the massacre.

"You always were one of my strongest warriors. Such a shame you choose the wrong side"

Icarus didn't reply, just continued glaring at the devil king, occasionally casting Reyana a worried glance.

He wanted to break her out of those stupid chains and heal her right away but he knew, if he turned his back on them, it would be an endgame.

She heard the sound of clapping and noticed the high general applauding while walking towards them.

"Quite the performance, don't you think so, your majesty?"

"This only irritates me" the devil king replied, rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll make it more interesting~"