Bonus Chapter : Accept The Truth

3 weeks later~

She was asleep on his chest once again.

This time she was fully on his lap, her arms and tails around him while his arms and wings were around her.

He watched her sleep like it was the most remarkable sight ever. He used to sleep along with her but now, he felt like he couldn't stray his eyes away from her at all.

Without any conscious he let his lips fall upon her head, then her forehead. But it never felt enough.

Loving her never felt enough.

He kissed both her cheeks, her adorable nose, her temple, and her palms but stopped eyeing her lips.

'I shouldn't, Not without her permission'

He sighed resting his head on hers.

'This isn't love... this is something way more dangerous'

"Why did you stop?"

Her voice was all it took for his senses to come to a realization.

"Why are you awake?!" He asked, shock and embarrassment falling with his voice.

"I was never asleep but now I have questions"

'Shit. Shit shit shit, there's no escaping this time'

She was gazing up at him so innocently yet so adorable. She adjusted herself in his lap so they were facing each other.

"Tell me Icarus-"

"No. I should go" He replied, not allowing her to finish whatever she wanted to say.

He couldn't bring himself to hear it.

She frowned, clutching him tighter.

This was all still odd for her.

Whenever she was with him, all her pain and worries seemed to disappear. The scars, screams, memories everything vanished when she was with him.

He seemed to be her cure.

"Icarus, stop being an idiot"

"Don't you call me that Reyana"

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't want to talk about this, you gremlin"

"Of course, you don't. You're a coward"

"Excuse you but I am one of the strongest warrior-"

"Yes yes, I know that, and yet you're a coward. I'm sure a mouse can be braver than you" She said rolling her eyes.

He glared at her and she glared back even more fiercely.

They ignored what their wings and tails were doing - holding them even tighter.

He sighed and turned away from her gaze.

"The devil king and high general haven't hurt me for two days. In fact, they didn't even come. Then why are you here today?"

"You don't want me to come?" He asked her

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I can come here whenever I want to and go whenever I want. And now I'm taking my leave"

"Then go. Don't stay any longer." Her voice was cold, hiding her pain.

He groaned in frustration, not moving a single muscle.