Puppy

One week later....

Summer was trying to train her little puppy. She handed him a stick and tossed it a little further down the road. She saw that her dog wasn't going to pick it up. He jsut sat there, looking at her with his cute pusppy eyes. She sighed, defeat. JJ was watching her quickly, drinking a few beers on the balcony. He straightened his head when he heard nothing more than a long silence. He felt panicked when he saw that Summer was gone. He got up and saw her near the road, a wooden stick in her hand. he ran to her, taking her in his arms, placing her on his hips. 

"Baby, you can't be too close to the road," he said.

She looked down, seeking a hug from her brother. She wrapped her arms around JJ's neck, hiding her face in his neck. He felt calmer.

"Sorry." she said.

He smiled at her and set her down on the floor, kneeling before her.

"It's okay, baby. But you can'T be close to the road. People are dangerous." he said.

At any moment, a madman could come and run her over or capture her. She shrugged, turning back to her puppy. JJ sat on the stairs, watching her do it from closer. Her dog didn't seem to be listening to her, despite Summer's scares. He just stared at her, not understanding what she wanted. He lay down on the floor and Summer decided to give up. She sat on the dirty ground beside her pet, soiling her dress in the grass.

JJ walked over to the two of them and took his sister by the hand. Their dog followed them inside. JJ began to cook a sandwich in the shape of a little bear. He took a roll and dug it into the bread and put jam on top. He handed it to her as he ate the crumbs left over from his little sister's meal. His stomach growled but unfortunately he couldn't afford any more food.

"You hungry?" asked summer as she handed him her small piece of bread.

"Oh no, baby. I'm okay." he smiled at her.

Summer knew he didn't have a job and decided to try to find him one to help him. She nodded and as soon as he left to go to the bathroom, she put the small piece of his bread in his cap.