beaten up

"Dad, what is going-" JJ entered slowly. 

His breath caught and his eyes closed suddenly. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Unfortunately, when he opened them again, she was still there, on the ground. Little baby Summer got to her feet and ran to her big brother who took her in his arms. Luke laughed, but he was not amused. 

"What did you fucking do to her!" he yelled to his father. 

JJ stroked her back, trying to comfort her. She kept crying. He wanted to throw any of his beer bottle, throw his drugs and hit him, he wanted to kill him. But he didn't want to show violence to his little sister. She was too young and too pure for that.

"Stay out of this, boy." he warned his son.

"Next time you touch her or look at her, I'll cut off your balls and feed them to the dogs. Your decision." he finished, as Luke smiled. 

Was this a joke to him ? 

JJ hurried out of the house with his baby sister in his arms. After a few minutes, he sat down and looked at his little sister. 

"Hi, baby. Can you tell me where it hurts?" he asked in his softest voice.

"My belly." she cried.

A huge bruise had formed on her belly. He tried to keep himself calm so he wouldn't go back and kill his dad and to show him how bad it was. he managed to put on his best smile. He caressed her face.

"Look at that, cupcake. It's blue. Did you see the movie Smurfs? As soon as they show a lot of courage, they turn blue. And you, my little smurf, you just join them! You just faced the evil Gargamel. But be careful, my little smurf, never go back home without me, okay?" he told her.

Summer seemed to forget about the pain in her stomach. She loved it when he told her stories.

"Why am I not completely blue?" she asked with a small smile.

"Because, otherwise people will notice that there is a smurf among the world! And it's rare the little goblins in your kind." he teased her.

She laughed.

"But my belly hurts." she said.

"And that's okay, baby. We'll put some ice cream and eat it while listening to Lana Del Rey." he proposed.

Summer grinned.

"No! One direction."

JJ sighed, knowing he couldn't win this battle.

"Yes, One direction." he smiled as he hugged her.

"Sleep, baby, we got a long walk."