twelve

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  '  The Hit Factory ━━━━𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐎 𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐒New York, NY

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐 ' 
The Hit Factory ━━━━
𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐎 𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐒
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ THAT'S IT. ❜

"Keep in mind those last two notes," DeVanté reminded Imani in an instructive tone, his head moving alone to the tune while pointing out the mistakes. Imani's fingertips gingerly moved across the keyboard, she listened intently attention to each note that she hit.

"Yeah that's it, keep going," He added, naturally leaning forward, his clothed shoulder accidentally grazing Imani's arm. It's been a couple of days since Imani was done with photoshoots, it was beyond tiring at the end but she was glad that the pictures came out right. She had to wait a little longer for them to be processed and then they'll get sent from the company and that's when the record label (with Imani's input) will pick out the final pictures that'll be used for the album.

Since she didn't have anything scheduled for the day, she decided to head to the studio and see what was going on with Jodeci and them only to find DeVanté all by himself, again. They started talking, one thing led to another and she managed to convince him to teach her a song on the piano. It wasn't easy, she'll tell you that.

The relatively small black stool that they shared provided a rather comfortable and relatively intimate setting as neither of them seemed to show any sign of discomfort by the close contact.

Imani was too busy being focused on getting the song right to realize how close their bodies were. Yes, she had her experience with playing the piano at church and already knew how to read sheet music, however, it was Eve who played it better than her and she chose to stick to singing. Now and then she'd play a random note to get herself in tune but that's it. playing the piano was harder than it seemed, with the person having to grow accustomed to the instrument itself and how to stay in tune with it.

Imani couldn't help but struggle with the idea of knowing that DeVanté could play multiple instruments with ease, she'd seen him do it. even if it was something he's never touched before he'd immediately know how to play it. he was that talented. Alas, the struggle was somewhat good, because she enjoyed it. It was a learning process and she loved creating music, it was almost like a non-lethal addiction, even though she would tend to mess up from time to time. But that's what made the learning process even better.

Just as she was getting the groove of it, Imani's finger slipped across the wrong key causing a high-pitched whistle to disrupt the entire flow completely, causing the pair to wince at the sound "Dang it." Imani mumbled, running her hands in her hair due to frustration.