three

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'  𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'The Hit Factory ━━━━𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇?New York, NY

The Hit Factory ━━━━
𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇?
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ I WANT   SOMETHING
DIFFERENT. ❜

If looks could kill, that producer would be so dead right now. Nothing but dead ends and the lack of music was what came out of Imani's session today.

What she thought would be a productive day which would lead her to have at least a song produced turned into nothing as the producer was a total asshole. Andre gave her a deadline for the entire album to be finished on November 15th so that meant that Imani had less than two and a half months to get her shit together.

But she did get something positive out of it though after she hung out with Mary who's a total sweetheart by the way yet had an edge to her she headed back to the studio only to meet up with DeVanté.

He did offer to help her with her album and before she could say anything her sister already had a producer set up for her.

That producer was Louis Wright and for the past hour and a half he's been the worst and she was starting to think that she was talking to a brick wall. He wouldn't listen to what Imani has to say, dismisses her ideas, and wants her to sing some overly saturated pop song that isn't what she wants her sound to be.

"Look, what you got going on right now it's cute or whatever but I ain't me." She bluntly states while holding the lyric sheet. Louis wanted her to sing some bubble gum pop song as her first single and she did not want that at all.

"Why can't I just sing my material? Andre has already approved the songs I showed him, and said it's dope so why not." Imani repeated once more causing the man to look at her blankly.

"Well look here princess, I ain't Andre, I'm Louis. and as long as you're in this studio you do things my way," He argued causing her to rub her temples in frustration. It hasn't even been two weeks yet and she was already going through hell.

During the first duration of the studio session Imani kept quiet for a bit letting him lead the way as he had more experience and knew more than she did but after watching him for a while and him not letting her have any input she was completely over it.

"It's my music that's gonna be out so why would I want to put out a fake image that ain't me—bubble gum pop songs ain't me, especially for my debut." She ranted for the billionth time and all the man did was ignore her "Louis if you're not gonna at least listen to what I gotta say you gots to go.—"