Chapter 25

Dr. Shultz moved the wand through the cold substance that is smeared over Naruto's stomach. Familiar sounds soon filled the room and a sigh of relief left the Uchiha couple. It was always a anxious moment during the checkups knowing that everything is fine and on target.

Mikoto's eyes widened as her heart jumped into her throat with excitement at the sound waves echoing into the spacious room. The future grandmother gazed tearfully at the screen then turned to her husband to drink in the smile that was spreading across his face. Iruka tight squeezed Kakashi's arm that was linked with his, trying to press back the tears pricking the corners of his eyes. It was the first time that the grandparents accompanied the couple to one of their appointments.

Itachi and Naruto wanted to share the excitement of the gender reveal with their parents, and they both thought that it would be awesome for them to see it for themselves. The last few visits the babies weren't cooperating with a good position for the doctor to be able to determine and today the placentas were in the way, blocking the view but they were sure today would be the day they could see.

"Looks like someone's bored." Dr. Shultz said as they watched one of the twins yawn and the other sucking it's thumb.

"Hmph!" Naruto scoffed. "They're just showing off. Normally they're causing a ruckus." He pouted glancing from the screen up to the doctor.

The room filled with giggles at his complaint, even the obstetrician couldn't help give a smile at the latter's comical reply.

She moved the wand around some more before frowning, "Well it looks like they're determined to surprise you." She announced to the suddenly disappointed faces moving the machine to the side and handing him a towel to wipe off the gel. "But I can say that the babies and your womb look healthy!"

Itachi and Naruto smiled at each other. The persistent state of worry washing away at once hearing those words of consolation.

"Itachi mentioned that you've been experiencing more back pain then usual?" She asked while printing pictures for the couple.

"Yeah." He sighed while letting the raven help him sit up. "It seemed to have worsened about a week ago."

"Has the pain subsided any since then?"

"Not really."

"Have you done anything strenuous lately?"

Naruto put his finger to his chin trying to think about his activities over the past week. "Not that I remember."

The dark haired woman's eyes fell on Itachi to see whether he had any clues as to what the latter might had done.

"He went shopping with mother." Sasuke supplied his tone wavering as he hadn't yet recovered from the small taste of hell he experienced shopping with those two. Now he was being dragged along to this appointment as his brother insisted it was a 'family affair'.

"That was two weeks ago, baka!" Naruto shot him a glare. Every discomfort the blonde has been experiencing, Sasuke would blame it on that day.

"Still seems like yesterday." The younger Uchiha caviled at the memory. So many bags. So many colors. Shaking his head at all of the stuff that was bought and the paint store Colossal where they spent hours looking at paint for the nursery, his head started to throb at the memory. Like who carries over 4,000 different shades of pigments? While Naruto and his mother were over the moon he was blinked by color...literally.

"Hmm. I highly doubt a day of shopping would be a reason for your discomfort. In fact the walking is good for you."

Naruto stuck his tongue out towards the raven leaned against the door who just scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You have no idea what shopping is like with those two."