Chapter 41: Imola and Dysasters

"Oh, Kiara! Kiara! Over here! Hello and buongiorno ! We're in Italy- your home country- how are you feeling? Excited to be in front of your fans?"

"Hello Ted, so glad to be back in Imola. I love this circuit and of course I have the best fans ever here, even if they're not only for me!"

"Your smile is contagious! It's always so good to see you, Kiara. One last question and then I'll let you go. We heard some rumors about your health, actually about an apparent surgery you had in these weeks of break."

"Well, yes. Thanks to Pierre it's not a secret anymore but yeah, I had another small surgery on my injured knee. Everything seems fine so far, so let's hope for the best now. I'm up to beat some more asses with my new knee!"

"Wo, what an energy! Wish you the best Kiara, good luck and thank you for your time!"

I smiled again at the camera before turning away and running toward my garage, as I was already late for the morning meeting. I waved at some team members and ran to the back, to reach Fred and the others. As soon as I arrived, I was welcomed by many clapping hands.

Mike walked in my direction with a big cake in his hands, the media team was filming the scene, also Franz was there, stranding next to Pierre who had a huge grin on his face. Then in the back of the room, I spotted a big billboard with a quote, sticked on the car: "Kiara: 1 vs. knee: less than 0 . You're our champ! #21"

Tears started to wet my eyes but I promised myself to not cry anymore, not after the bad last week.

"Oh mamma mia, guys! Look what you've done. Thank you so much."

Then I started to thank one by one every member I recognize, squeezing hands and giving short hugs to everyone, obviously focusing more time on the people who were closer to me.

When Mike got closer too, still with the cake in his hands, I didn't have time to react, as he smashed it all over my face, in front of everyone, who of course laughed at the comedy.

"I knew it the first minute I saw you there. You're the worst!"

I tried to clean some cream off but it was basically impossible. But then I had the greatest idea of all the time. As my dear teammate was laughing so loud at my disgrace, I ran up to him, with open arms, while he was wishing away some tears from the laugh.

"Pierre, mon amour! Come here, I've missed you so much!"

Saying this, I jumped in his arms, pushing my face against his neck and face. The fluffy cream was now spread in his loved beard and half still on my cheeks.

"Oh no, you didn't."

"Oh yes, I did."

A guy from the media team came closer too with his camera, so we posed for a few photos and then came back to work.

"Ok, media pen with Lewis, Max, Charles and Lando."

"Ugh. Can we change it?"

"Kiara, we're already late, we cannot make any more changes. Just ignore him, ok? Try to take a seat far away from him and don't worry. It will last less than usual as Lewis and Max are not big fans of all of this reporters. Just be yourself but not too much. Obviously they're gonna ask you about the knee, your choice about what to say. Take a long breathe and show everyone your braveness with your usual smile. Let's smash them!"

I laughed at her comment, grabbed a microphone and then entered the room, already filled with reporters and cameras in every angles. The other drivers were already sat and of course, the bastard destiny, left an empty chair between Max and Lando.