Chapter 33: Testing and Barcelona

"Oh my Lord, I'm so exhausted and the season hasn't even started yet!"

I exhaled loudly in my hotel room, here in Barcelona. The first day of pre-season test went by, the car was feeling quite good even if with the team we discussed a lot of aerodynamic details we need to fix. Being back on track after two months just on the sim was amazing, also because of the amount of great fans already there, just to hear the engines or to get to see their favorite driver.

For the very first time I also met a young girl who came for me. As soon as I passed the controls entering the paddock, I heard my name from behind me. When I turned around, I met Sofia, a young girl from a little town close to Barcelona. She was 15 and was with her dad, waiting for me only, outside the track. When I got closer to her to sign her cap with my number on it, she started to cry and I felt useless. Fighting my embarrassment, I wrapped my arms around her in a big hug, trying to comfort her. Her dad was speechless, but honestly I was too. My number one fan laughed hysterically when we took a photo together, and she was about to faint when I waved at her, calling her by her name, while going back to work.

"I'm so tired. I feel like a train had just passed over my body." Lando agreed with me, jumping on the bed like I did a few moments before.

We were in my room, lying on the huge bed. We came back to the hotel together as we were staying in the same one, exactly like most of the other drivers and staff members.

"My back hurts so much. That stupid porpoising will be the end of me." I said while passing a hand on my spine to find some relief, but it was useless- only a good massage will help me.

"Here, let me help you." He got up and walked to the bathroom. He knew where my bag was and also which cream I was used to put on my sore knee on bad days. He came back to the bed with the lotion and sat again next to me. "I saw Jon made this massage many times on me, I think I could try to help you doing the same, if you let me, of course."

I looked at him and immediately smiled at his caring. After the huge fight, we talked about the problems and missing pieces of our relationship when we spent a few days together in Florence at mine. Things were finally going ok again, even if the struggle now was about how to act in front of the others.

"Please, help me!" I said with the most dramatic tone I could have, putting my arm on my forehead. He chuckled at my ridiculous acting skills, positioning himself closer. I rolled on the mattress to lay on my stomach but before I removed my shirt to let him massage properly my sore back. When I unclasped the bra, I heard him gasped nervously. "C'mon Lan, come closer. I promise I've never bite anyone, neither Mike when he tortured me after a hard gym session."

He sat on his knees, putting some of the magic lotion on my back and starting to move his warm hands on me. At first he was cautious but as soon as he noticed how much I was relaxing, he added some pressure, going from my shoulders and neck to the lower back.

His massage was definitely helping me release the stress of the day and some pain too.

"Oh, Lando. I can't believe you've never done it before." With my eyes shouted and the face pressed into the pillow, I whispered these desperate words, hoping he would hear me.

"What can I say, I'm talented, in many things apparently..."

"Even if I can't see your face, I know you have a huge grin, Norris." I giggled at him and in response he gave a pat on my butt. "Hey!"

"Ok, Bianchi, enough sweetness. What about dinner? I'm starving."

I got up slowly, realizing how good was my back now. I stretched a bit, feeling so light-weighed. I must admit that he was way better than Mike, a thing I thought was impossible.