Chapter 23: Tequila Always Help

I was surprised when, after the race in Mexico, Checo invited me over to his house to celebrate his victory. His happiness was so contagious. He hugged everyone a bit randomly, with his home flag stick on his back as soon as he got out the car.

Even though his cute invite, I didn't want to go. We have talked a few times but we weren't exactly friends, so it was weird going celebrating at his home, with his family and friends, his first victory in his city.

But like all the other times, Danny convinced me to go. Well, he actually forced me to, saying that I must try the best tequila once there.

So I got back to the hotel, took a quick shower and wore something nicer than my usual jeans and basic t-shirt, before driving alone to his address.

His home was huge and already full of people, as it looked like he invited the whole paddock.

I parked the car next to the others sporty cars that I supposed were of the drivers or other important people Checo invited over. Grabbing the little bag I've brought with me, I locked the car and started to walk directly to the main door, following the loud music. Taking the few steps at the entrance, I stopped, taking a minute to decide if it really was a good idea or not.

There would have been basically the whole RedBull team, maybe even some of the Alpha Tauri for the big celebrations, not considering Horner too. In these past months I've got the chance to became friends with the others drivers but I've always found embarrassing hang out with them, as usually I'm the only girl there. Last but not least, I wasn't feeling that good still.

My run of thoughts got interrupted by two big hands on my back that started to push me more inside the crowded room. It didn't take me too much to realize who was behind me.

"Hey Dan. Ehm, actually- you know, I'm not really in the mood to party." I said stopping him and pulling myself in front of him.

"Kiara, kiddo, let me tell you something. You're so young and stupid." His strong Australian accent come straight into my ears although the music.

"Hey! You're offending me." I spouted back, trying to not laugh at his hilarious face.

"I'm gonna give you a precious lesson now, listen closely. When you have the chance to drink the best tequila- or any other kind of drinks- for free, you can't waste it, ok? So please, grab this glass, shut up and follow me."

I had just the time to smile at his almost naive speech 'cause we got soon interrupted.

"Daniel, can you leave us alone for a second?"

Oh, please no.

"Hey, look, another kiddo. I'll leave you two alone but not for too long. Kiara, my lessons are not finished yet, got it?"

Saying so, Daniel left me there, frozen in front of his teammate, taking away my glass of alcohol.

"I'm sure when you will back, the tequila will not be over." He said, noticing my gaze pointed on the precious tequila.

"I'm begging you, can we talk now?" Lando had the sweetest eyes that somehow, at the same time looked also a bit undertone.

"My boss is here, I can't risk it as it's not worthy." My tone came out even more huskier than I've imagined. He almost took a step back hearing my seriousness but then he scoff and replied.

"You're still mad at me, I get it, but I really want to tell you a few things. Let's go outside, I saw a place where we can talk without being noticed. What do you think?"

He pulled his hand towards me, inviting me to follow his lead. In the end it was the little smile on his rose lips that convinced me.

We sat on a sun-bed outside, in front of the pool, leaving some space between us as if we were scared to even dare to touch each other.