Chapter 30: Celebrations

As soon as I entered my room, back in the hotel, almost two hours later the big news, I jumped in the shower. I was disgusting, the champagne rain is amazing for celebrations but when it dried it's very bad cause it makes you sticky and smelly.

Exiting the paddock was very difficult, more than usual because of the big crowd of fans, although I managed to reach the airport in time, so my parents could fly back home, as they needed to go back to work. After a little cry session with mom, I let them go and ran off the hotel.

I blow dried my hair, trying to style them a bit with the flat iron. I wanted to look good, so for once I was putting all myself in the preparation. After all, I was about to go to the RedBull after-party aka Max's championship celebrations aka- even if in the smallest part- my party for the new contract. I giggled like a creep at the idea, not feeling nervous but only happy, light and proud.

Of course problems always were part of my eventful life- What was I gonna wear?

Tonight I'll be a star too. Horner called me like this a few moments later I put my signature on the contract. I was his "newborn star"- textual words.

I needed help, urgent help.

"Girls, quick, which dress for tonight?" My amazing best friends in Italy watched the race and also what happened next, being the first to text me and congratulate me, actually blowing up with notifications my phone. "I have two options. Number one: silky little green dress. It's very tight and short, cute though. Number two, instead, is really my style: it's black and easy, just a bit sparkly. So?"

After a long discussion, they voted for the black dress, saying that with the green one I would look like Tinker bell and as tonight I'm the star, I need to shine like a real one. They made me laugh with their comments to the point I was gasping for air and almost ruining the light makeup I put a while before on my face, trying desperately to look not perfect, but at least alright. I've never been a fan of heavy makeup and self care in general but with my girls on a videocall, everything was possibile.

A knock at my door interrupted my call. After a quick goodbye to my lovely friends, I put back on the table the perfume bottle and ran to open the door, finding Pierre in front of it.

"Hey, is here the best teammate I could ask for?" He said, leaning on the doorframe with a huge grin on his face while I ran back inside, pulling the essentials in a small bag.

"Yes, I think she's here." I chuckled and invited him to come in. "I swear I'm not late, I just need to finish the last details."

"Oh, are you trying to impress someone? 'Cause, let me say, tonight you'll smash it, girl." He whistled, making me blush like a shy kid.

"Stop it, for once I want to look good for myself only."

"So no British boy is involved in all your effort?"

My face got even redder at his words, although the makeup, the blush on my cheeks was quite evident.

"Who knows. Anyway, I'm ready. Shall we go and party hard?"

"Of course, madame, after you."

He opened the door for me and after entered the elevator to reach the hall where a car was waiting for us, I heard him behind me.

"What are you now, a dog? Keep your silly nose away, weirdo."

"Your perfume is unique. That Brit is so lucky."

"Stop it, c'mon." I smashed his side with my hips.

"I love making you feel embarrassed, it's so easy."