Chapter 15: McDate

That stupid press conference completely destroyed my good mood.

Fortunately my guardian angel aka Suzanne found a way to fix this mess in the best way possible, publishing a public statement where it was basically written that we were shocked about what happened a while before and that we were waiting for public apologies, not really for myself but more for the disrespect against all the women that everyday all around the world try to find a place for themselves.

After the statement on the F1 and AT accounts, we were finally taking a break from all the stress in my driver's room, sipping on a fresh drink when all of a sudden the reporter himself came look for me in the team hospitality, in order to public apologize, in front of all the people there. 

"Kiara, it's all cleared now. Nothing to worry about. Just for today, you're free to not go to the usual interviews after the race, but it's obviously up to you." Susanne gave me this super news making me almost gasp for air. 

"Are you kidding me? After that hilarious moment, I'm not gonna go back between the sharks. No way. I'm not that masochist. Does it mean that I can get back to the hotel?" I asked showing all the joy of the moment. 

"Have you already had the meeting with the rest of the team, right?" She asked worried. 

"Yep, we have already reviewed everything, decided our possible strategies for the next GP and celebrated a little too." I chuckled, remembering how Fred lifted me from the floor, the instant I got out of the car, celebrating my unexpected P9.

"Ok, you can go then. Have a safe flight back home, I'll reach you in Monza in two days." I hugged her, knowing that I won't be able to see her in the next days as she'll go to his boyfriend for a few days-he was an Italian guy who was working in Switzerland. I think she had a thing for Italians. I smiled like a creepy at the idea.

I grabbed all my bags and made my way outside, obviously saying goodbye and thanking the whole team for this weekend. 

"Hey, wait!"

While making my way to the car rented I had parked proudly this morning in the parking slot under the sign with my name printed, I was interrupted by a voice coming from behind. I turned around and my bad mood suddenly got better.

"Hi Lan, good race today, huh?"

"Why you didn't tell me about the big news? It was a shock seeing you on Thursday. Oh, and I feel so sorry about what they said to you, even though you seemed pretty used to it. Are you ok?" He asked as soon as he reached me after a short run. 

"More than ok actually. It's definitely not the first time I got these harsh words and probably won't be the last one. But my motto says "Don't give a damn fuck and go ahead." I'm happy to go back home, even if it's just for a few days." I opened up completely to him.

"What an ass." He whispered but I heard him either way. "By the way I feel you! Going back home is always good, no? Anyway, ehm, listen, I was wandering... ok, I'll try again, please say yes this time." He said, fidgeting with the hem of his hoodie and still walking next to me. 

"Hm?"

"Dinner together tonight?" He asked, finally posing his magic eyes into mine, making me lost in them. 

"Definitely yes, for sure, si, yeah!" I said excitedly as never. My good mood came back in a second  just thanks to him. 

"Wow, you're happy that much to go back home, huh?" He teased me and I noticed it by the big grin that took place on his face. 

"What can I say, I'm a bit homesick too. And actually I don't want to see your face for a few days." I spouted back, sticking my tongue out jokingly. 

"Ouch, that hurts, my dear. Is this the reason why you kept the news secret?" Saying that he was curios and maybe even a bit worried about it was an understatement.