Kiss Me

Annabeth's POV

I was in a gang.

I was in a gang.

I was in a fricking gang.

I was forced to join.

By my abusive boyfriend.

Who I once thought was the most perfect person I've ever met.

How could I have trusted that monster? How could I let him control me like I'm his rag doll?

He didn't even care that the other creeps there were staring at me; not me, my entire body up and down; how they were touching me, the way they looked at me made me scared. They wouldn't rape me right? I've already lost so much, if that happened it would probably make me from inside, not just me but my dignity & soul. It just wouldn't be worth living anymore.

I myself was disgusted by my shitty life. And I would be lying if I was saying I wasn't suicidal. Would death do me justice? Would the afterlife finally give me some peace?

But I just didn't want to do it. It wasn't death I was scared of; I guess it was just the pain, which is stupid. I get abused everyday, why would I be scared of pain?

The stupid school bus pulled me out of my thoughts. It honked loudly, and the driver waited impatiently for me to come out. I hopped in, and once again the bus fell quiet. 

Suddenly, a sense of rebelliousness overcame me. I was done with this, I was done with people treating me like a monster when I'm the victim.

I stomped my foot loudly. People looked at me, bewildered. "What are you all looking at? Am I not a normal person? Am I a monster? What the hell is your problem?"

I tried to not cuss, as the school's head always decided to take this bus, and right now he was outside staring at me with his mouth hanging open. 

I walked up to him. "Close that mouth, now we wouldn't want to catch any flies, would we? Am I not allowed to talk? Do I look like a freak to you too?"

He stuttered, trying to say something. I rolled my eyes. People now had their phones out and were recording everything. I gave everyone one last nasty glance before going to take a seat.

I heard a guy laughing with his friends, well not laughing, just surprised. Wait... why did that voice sound familiar? 

As the bus started driving, I turned my head and saw none other than Percy Jackson, our school's new gossip.

Why is he on our bus?

Gosh, that black hair and those sea-green eyes look so tempting.

He caught me looking and turned to stare at me. My face turned bright red and I was about to look away, but then he leaned closer to me. Gosh, I said all of that in front of him?

As my brain was trying to comprehend why I even cared that I said all that in front of him, he whispered to me, "A rebel? Never would've thought you're the type, but you're pretty feisty sometimes, no?"

That husky voice made me want to faint. He grabbed my hand and gave it a slight squeeze, which, if possible, caused my cheeks to turn even redder. He turned back like nothing happened and continued his conversation with the other guys.

I turned and saw some of the girls glaring at me; no doubt, they saw everything. These were the girls who spent their entire day drooling over him. Talk about hopeless.

I rolled my eyes at them and sat back, touching the spot where his hand met mine. I don't know why, but for some reason, I liked  that feeling. The warmness from his hands felt amazing.