Studio two (paul)

It felt like a dream, finally your record label had managed to get you into abbey road to record your next single. You last single "someone to lose" had been flying up the charts and was almost at number one. Really your manager owed it to you to record in abbey road as he kept forcing you to do gigs at small dirty pubs even when you didn't want to.

You sat in the famous studio two playing about with the piano and humming a simple tune to yourself. It was only you in the studio. Today you were meant to perfect the song and then you would record it tomorrow. You flick through the pages of songs you've written and decide on "hope you're not happy".

The first thing to come to you is a simple piano tune that opens the song. Then not too long after that you start with the guitar. But after a while you got stuck and decided to leave that and have somebody else do it tomorrow.

Now all you had to do was sing it with the piano so that's what you did.

"Looks like you've been doing well.
Looks like you've found someone else
How's your family? How ya been?
I'm doing good I guess"

Whilst singing the verse the door to the studio opened. In walked a tall slim man with short brown hair. With this you stopped.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't realise the studio was in use today" he said looking up from the ground to see you. That's when you realised who it was. Paul McCartney.

"Don't worry. I'm not recording, just trying to finish the song" you assured him standing from the piano.

"I'll leave don't worry you carry on" he replied turning for the door.

"No stay if you want. Nice to have some company" you told him picking up the guitar to try and finish it. Meaning that tomorrow you could record then leave.

"Well thank you" he said smiling up at you.

"You working on new stuff then?" You asked strumming on the guitar.

"Uh yeah. Kinda, I've had this song stuck in my head. Liked it, so I wanted to do something like that." He said taking his coat off and placing it over a chair.

"Oh really? What song?" You asked putting the guitar down.

"Someone to lose, I don't know who it's by but it's beautiful" he responded pulling a guitar off the wall.

"Really! That's my song" you laughed walking over to the piano to play it.

"I'm picturing us in a strawberry field
where the lights are all off
And the gardens still growing
It's never enough
Cause I already hear our wedding song
So let's dance to Bowie" you sang lightly playing the piano as your voice echoed around the room

You looked up at him and he was staring at you as if he was mesmerised. You smiled getting up from the piano and returning to the guitar.

"Wow. That was amazing. It's such a good song, you've got a real talent you know!" He said sitting next to you.

"Thanks I try" you joked giving up with the guitar.

"So what are you trying to write now?" He questioned taking the guitar from you.

"I've got the song, I just need some guitar to add to it." You informed him heading back over to the piano to sing the chorus of your new song.

"I hope you're not happy without me
I hope that it's hard to get out of bed
I hope you get angry about me
I hope you're not happy ever again
Ever
Ever
Ever
Ever" you sang putting all of your emotions into it so he could understand how the song was intended to be

As you were singing you could hear him strumming. It sounded perfect, exactly like you wanted on the song. But with your guitar skills you couldn't get it quite right.

"What's that you're playing? It sounds perfect!" You asked rushing up from the piano.

"I thought it went good with the song." He replied setting the guitar down.

"That's just what I've been looking for" you said trying to remember what he played.

"Have it. I don't need it, I do the bass and leave the guitar to the boys" he told you smiling at you.

"By any chance can you write it down? I won't be able to remember that" you asked giving him a cheeky grin.

"Sure" he chuckled taking pen and paper and scribbling down the cords that he played.

"Thank you. God I've been stuck on the guitar for ages, and my record label demanded that it be in there as the last song didn't have it." You informed him taking the scribbled notes from him.

"Don't worry it's done now. Your label sounds like idiots. Hey you would be great on ours" he said pulling a card out of his back pocket.

"Parlophone? No that wouldn't want me" you assured him collecting your papers up from the piano stand.

"No not them, although they'd happily have you. Apple, me and the boys have started our own company to publish music on and I'd love to sign you" he told you handing you a card with a big green apple on it.

"Oh well thanks I'll think about it. You can use the studio now I'm done. Thanks again for the help" you told him getting up ready to leave.

He followed you to the door and asked a final question before you left.

"I never did get your name, what is it?"

"Y/N. Y/N Y/LN" you told in before hugging him goodbye and leaving.

TIME SKIP. A FEW DAY LATER:

Your new song was out and was slowly making its way up the charts. Your manager had informed you that somebody had asked for permission to cover "someone to lose" and you wondered who it was.

You sat down in front on the tv and flicked through the channels before you saw The Beatles performing on a show. Deciding watching that you settled yourself on the sofa and turned the volume up to hear them sing. You couldn't believe it. They were singing your sing. The Beatles were singing "someone to lose". After finish the song a man appeared and started asking them questions.

"Why did you decide to cover that song?" He asked them directing the mic forward.

Paul spoke up.
"Well I went to the studio last week and Y/N who sings this song was there and they sang it beautifully so I knew that this was the song we should cover" he answered smiling towards the camera.

In that moment you knew you had no other choice than to phone Paul and sing yourself to apple.

"Hello? Who is it?" He answered

"Paul! It's Y/N" you replied playing with the phone cord.

"Y/N! I was hoping you'd call" he cheered through the phone.

"I saw your performance. It was great!" You informed him.

"Thanks love. Such a beautiful song" he replied.

"Well Paul, I was calling because I was wondering if I could be on apple?" You questioned nervously.

"Of course. Oh I can't wait to get started" he informed you whilst you sighed as breath of relief.

The rest was history from that day on.