Drugs (john)

Recently John has constantly been coming home late. Each night he would stumble through the front door disoriented and not knowing where he was. You would have to walk him up to bed, tuck him in, and make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

A few days ago you had found Johns stash of drugs in the bathroom cabinet. He had told you he would give them up when he became a father, but considering he was coming home high most nights whilst you 8 week old son sleeping upstairs it was all a lie.

Finally you'd had enough of John coming home late and acting like an idiot. You had decided to wait up for John and confront him. This wasn't going to be easy though. A few time when you had tried to get John to bed he would loose his temper and throw anything around him at you.

John stumbled in during the early hours of the morning, making an absolute racket. Slowly you raised yourself from the sofa and approached the noise. Your had was in a tight fist in your pocket clutching Johns drugs.

"Where are you been?" You questioned looking John straight in the eyes.

"None of your business" he mumbled leaning against the wall to support himself.

"I trusted you. I truly thought you would give up the drugs but I must have been too thick to see into your little lie!" You replied slowly raising your voice but not loud enough to wake up Julian.

"You don't make me happy! Of course I take drugs still. How to you think I'm not constantly miserable." Slowly John started walking towards you making you back into the corner by the stairs.

"You have a son. A boy that needs you present. A little boy that as he grows up will question why you never showed him love." You forced John to look at you placing your fingers under his chin and bringing his eyes level to yours.

John was quick with a reply.
"Don't be stupid. He probably isn't even mine. That's right, I've seen the way you look at Paul. I bet he's Julian's father"

You shock your head.

"You John Lennon. You have made the biggest mistake of your life. You've lost your family."

Quickly you turned around. You rushed up the stairs not even debating looking back. You grabbed essential clothes for you and Julian and shoved them into your duffel bag. Carefully you lifted the sleeping baby into your arms and placed him in his carrier. You grabbed your bags and walked downstairs and towards the door. You turned back to see John stood in the hallway looking towards the door.

You leave. Your perfect family you wanted with John was over.

You walked down the cold, dark streets of Liverpool towards the one place you knew you would be safe.

During your pregnancy John had slowly been slipping into his drugs and party life. He had told you he had been going to see Paul, but when you asked Paul we told you that wasn't truth. Over the months as John slowly got worse you and Paul had become close. But there was never anything between you. Your friendship with Paul was the only thing John could used against you.

Julian started to fuss as you approached Paul's house. You placed your bag on the floor and rocked Julian. You stepped up to the door and knocked hoping Paul was in and not at whatever party John was at.

Paul stirred inside and dragged himself to the door. You could hear him mumbling stuff from the other side of the door. The door opened to reveal a half asleep Paul.

"Y/N?"  Paul asked whipping the sleep from his eyes.

"He's blown it Paul. He's really messed up"