Drunk ~ Charlie Conway

TW: underage drinking.

Y/N's P.O.V:

It was Friday night.

I was sitting at my desk, tapping on the wood with my fingernails. Time was draining quite slow. I've tried to call Charlie about a million times. I even sent him a message. But didn't get any respond. It was rare that I was worrying about a 17 year old boy but I couldn't help but feel anxious. Usually when Charlie wasn't playing hockey, he was hanging out with the ducks or me. It wasn't likely for him to be alone. Me and Charlie have been dating for a while now. Since sophomore year. We were in junior year now and our relationship has been going good still. 

Maybe I should try to get on his line again? But then again, my parents would scold me for using the telephone so much in one day. Maybe I should just let it be. He's a good boy. He wouldn't be out in the streets drinking and shit. Or would he? I'll try calling Adam to see if he's with him. 

The telephone ringed as I tried to make contact with the blonde boy. To my luck, he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Adam. It's Y/N. Have you seen Charlie?"

"Hey Y/N. I haven't seen Charlie but I think he told me something about going to this party. Why?". I think he could sense the panic in my voice since my breathing became heavy and and I started stuttering.

"Oh. I-I...he hasn't answered my calls and I really don't want him getting drunk. I'm really worried", I said.

"It's okay, I get it. If he does drink, I'm sure he won't drink much", Adam said reassuringly.

"Yeah, your right. He's not like that. I just went into a panic"

"See, you've got nothing to worry about! Well I have to hang up now, but I'll see you on Monday"

"See ya. Bye"

"Bye"

I'm such a bad girlfriend. It was dumb of me to think that Charlie would do such a thing! Suddenly, 3 loud knocks came from the front door making me flinch. Then, the doorbell started ringing like crazy. I sighed and walked to the door. I first looked through the window to see if it was someone I didn't know. To my surprise, it was Charlie. Oh he's gonna get it.

I opened the door before Charlie could break my door down and he had a goofy smile on his face. He walked into the house happily, plopping onto the living room couch. I furrowed my eyebrows and the dirty blonde. Was he...,drunk?!

"Hey babe! Come over here with me please", he said, a goofy smile still present on his face. Oh no.

"Charlie!", I yelled. His face immediately dropped. His smile turning into a frown. Seeing you mad made Charlie guilty. He looked down like how a little kid would react once they got a scolding from their mother.

"Your only 17 babe! You can't drink. Not yet", I scolded him. I saw his eyes turn glossy and his lip start to quiver. Oh god. You sighed quietly. "I-I'm sorry baby", he let out softly. "I thought it would make the pain go away. And it did! So why are you mad? I'm happy now, aren't I?".

I mentally sighed and sat myself down beside him on the couch.

"Char...I told you. When your in pain and your upset, come to me". I said, frowning. His eyes met mine and tears started to run down his face, making me cry too. I pulled him into my arms. 

"I know, I'm so dumb", he said, sobbing into your shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. Let it all out", I whispered, making him cry more. 

"I'm a mess Y/N. I'm been falling behind everything! My science teacher failed me this week and if I get another F I'll be benched by Coach Orion. And my mom isn't even understanding that I tried my best!", he said. He held onto me tighter, calming down a bit after I rubbed his back. He sniffled as I let go. He looked into my eyes, his nose red and dried tear stains on his face. 

"Am I enough for you?", he asked. My heart broke. I can't believe he would ask that. I cupped his face with my hands and kissed his nose and few times making him smile a bit.

"Your more than enough for me Charlie. Your too good for me. I love you so much. Don't think like that ever again, alright?", I said. He nodded his head and his lips met mine. I kissed him back softly and pulled away a few seconds later. "I'm gonna get you some water, okay?". He nodded again and I walked to the kitchen.

I got a bottle of water and handed it to Charlie. He gulped it down and put it back on the little table in front of his. When he was done, he wrapped his arm around my waist. "How could I live with out you?", he asked. "Easy. You wouldn't be alive", I bluntly responded making him laugh. 

"You smell kinda bad babe, not gonna lie...You need a shower", I said. He laughed again and rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll take a shower but can you get in with me?", he asked, pouting.

"Okay fine"