Messages of Shadow

Blake walked around his room looking for anything that could have made the noise he heard. "In here." Whispered a voice. Blake whipped around but saw no one was there. "Where are you!" He called. "In here. In the shadows." The voice repeated. Blake looked at his feet and saw what looked like a child's face in the shadows. "What the f... who are you?" He asked. He registered that the child was a girl and sank into the shadow. "Okay I'm here now what do you want?" Asked Blake. The girl just floated through the shadows towards a large shadowy man who was sitting with his legs crossed. "A leviathan master."

Blake dropped to his knees and bent his head down. "Sir, I am honoured to be in your presence." Nobley stated Blake. "Young leviathan Blake Harmony. Please stand, I have a quest for you." Stated the master. "Master, what would need me to do? I'm sure there are stronger leviathans out there."  Offered Blake. "The others are busy with other matters and your friend who you turned is not one of our kind, at least not truly yet." Said the master. "We need you for a matter only you can do, it requires both dark and light to do and anyone with a light talent cannot be a leviathan or the other ones. You are special, you are blessed with the gift of the sun. You can control both light and darkness. That is why we need you." Informed the girl. 

Blake stood in shock as he looked at his hands and saw that the rings on his hands were reacting to something. "The light reacts to different things. Sometimes they will react to a threatening presence but others it may be reacting to something more, primordial." Said the girl. "My young leviathan, the shadows to you are like the seas to me. Something so natural to use as a weapon and a form of travel for us. Use the power wisely, shadow travel is not something to be trifled with when on important business." Said the master. 

Blake bowed and exited the realm of shadow and back into his room.  He looked outside his window and saw that it was now night outside. "I was in there, for four hours. Jeez, I forgot how different time is in the shadows." Blake pulled out a black piece of cloth and wrapped it around his right hand concentrating on the light. A ball of light formed in his palm, inside the piece of cloth. "You won't be going anywhere now." He said. He unwrapped the cloth and the ball stayed inside it; he placed the cloth in a small box and then went to sleep. 

Blake awoke the next morning to find himself having to pull his legs out of the shadows. "Damn shadows trying to swallow me in my sleep." He ripped the blankets off of himself and hopped out of bed and towards the shower. "Should have myself a wash before grabbing some grub." Blake thought. He turned on the water then remembered what the master had told him. "Does my light travel through water?" He thought. 

He shone a beam of light into the stream, and it followed pouring down onto the tiles and reflecting off them. "Strange. This light acts like normal sunlight, but it's almost supernatural, even for a talent." Blake thought. He washed himself off in the shower then dried off and got dressed in some warm clothing. It was the middle of winter and Blake needed the warmth; he was used to the cold but still felt comfortable in the winter clothing he had. 

Blake walked outside and a gust of cold air blew through his jacket. He walked out to the trail leading to town when he heard a voice. "Hey come over here." The voice said. Blake looked over and saw the girl from yesterday hiding behind one of the trees. "What are you doing here?" He asked. She told him shush and then dragged him into the trees. "Where are you taking me?" Blake repeated. She dragged him through the woods and into a small glade where the master from last was waiting. "I'm glad you could join us my young leviathan. As I said last night, we need you for something special that you and only you can do." Explained the master.  "I remember but why am I the one who has to do it? Why can't we just get someone else to do it?" Blake asked. "Because my young leviathan, you are the only one of us that has the ability to control the light. You are blessed, the sun and the shadows are at your fingertips." Explained the master.