The tournament

The two fire wielding people waved to crowd. One was a guy and the other a girl. "Do you think they've been defeated before?" Asked Lily. She looked concerned for some reason, but Lazuli didn't know why. "I mean they look tough, and I think they're siblings and probably have excellent cooperation." Lily explained. "Here we go now give out a roar for our other competitor!" Called the announcer. A cloaked figure walked out onto the field towards the centre. Everyone was wondering who this person was and how they were going to fight these flaming siblings. "We thought that one person against two would be fair considering who they'll be dealing with!" Yelled the announcer. A hand was produced from the cloak gripping the side of it before being tossed away. "What! Shouted Lazuli. 

She understood why Steven wasn't with them in their seats, because he was participating in the tournament himself. Steven stood proud and tall on the field a hand raised with a flowing white scarf around his neck and a pair of yellow goggles on top of his head. "It's the Splitting Bolt, Speedy!" Declared the announcer. "Oh my god. he's wearing his iconic scarf and goggles." Exclaimed Griffin.  A second scarf was flowing off of his shoulders. A dark blue one that Blake recognised. "He has my brother's scarf on as well but, how did he get it." Blake said. The two figures looked at each other then back at Steven. "It seems that our first opponent is one that will provide us some entertainment." Said the girl. "We need to make him pay for abandoning us when Sis died." Said the guy. They stepped forward shoulders braced preparing for the fight. "Where have I seen these two before? Maybe before they got their talents. That has to be it, I had to have met them before they got their talents, but where. Steven thought.

A horn blared and the battle was on but neither side attacked yet. Steven looked into the eyes of the figures trying to vaguely remember who they were. While he didn't remember them, they certainly remembered him and weren't happy to see him. "After so many years we finally met back up didn't we. Said the man. "Please brother don't give him too much credit he clearly doesn't remember us." Responded the girl. "Serena now isn't the time to try and force him to remember us." Said the brother. "I just thought it might be nice for him to remember us." Replied Serena. "Serena who was she and why do I have a bad feeling about this." Thought Steven. "Listen to me Amor he needs to remember us!" Yelled Serena. "Amor and Serena? Who were they related to?" Steven thought again. The siblings' flames blazed, and Steven sparked lightning around him to prepare for an attack. "I'm sure you're trying to put the pieces together. Big brother." Said Amor. "Big brother?" Steven internally yelled. 

He suddenly realised where he remembered the siblings from. "Cassandra, you're Cassandra's younger siblings!" Steven announced. "Big sis made a mistake trusting you and I was right not to! She's dead because of you I know it!" Screamed Serena. "Now we don't know he was the reason sis died because of speculation Serena." Amor reasoned. "Now let's fight shall we." He said. Amor blazed his flames with Steven realising that the front of his hair wasn't just black hair, it was black fire. "Let me have him first Amor. I'd like to carve a piece of him as a souvenir." Said Serena. Before she received permission she formed to large purple-blue blades of fire on her forearms and charged forward. That's at least what Steven thought. He dropped to his most basic ready stance then felt a small wave of heat behind him. He realised that the Serena coming at him was an illusion and the real one was behind him. 

"You thought an illusion would trick me. Do you remember what one of my greatest qualities is!?" Called Steven. He figured that both siblings would have duo talents. Serena had revealed that she had a fire and spectre talent and provided Steven with an advantage. "I didn't forget about your speed, but I think I've gotten faster than you!" Serena shouted. She leaped towards Steven with a blast of fire from her feet when a second wave of fire came from Steven's left. He dodged the flames and shot lightning in both directions. "If you think you're faster than me Serena than you need to start remembering who I am. Remember that I am the fourth champion of Moonlight Town and have two thunder shards implanted inside me." Steven declared.