Chapter 6: A Journey to Restore Sodor

While Sir Topham Hatt, Stephanie, and Notches, who climbed into her sweater's hood, wandered around Knapford, seeing many statues around and searching for a spot where the wind would carry the Gold Dust to restore everyone, Stephanie explained to Sir Topham Hatt about Shining Time Station. She explained how it had been abandoned and the tracks had been pulled out, causing Sir Topham Hatt to worry after hearing Stephanie's words.

He was even surprised when she mentioned there was advanced technology and even more diesels around that were doing the jobs. Sir Topham Hatt soon stopped walking as a slow realization came to him as he pieced together Stephanie's words while Stephanie kept talking before stopping when he stopped.

"What's wrong, sir?" Stephanie politely asked as she looked over her shoulder at him. Sir Topham Hatt stayed silent momentarily before glancing up at her and asking, "Stephanie? The year here in Sodor is 1994, but the real realm is 2013 since time slows down on Sodor." He paused a little, and Stephanie could tell he looked nervous but was keeping himself together.

Stephanie hesitated for a minute after Sir Topham Hatt asked, glancing over at Notches with a small, hesitant expression as Notches silently nodded at her before answering, looking back at Sir Topham Hatt, "2024, sir."

Sir Topham Hatt's eyes popped wide after Stephanie answered what the date is currently outside of Sodor, exclaiming, "'2024?'" before paling slightly after realizing how many years had passed. "Eleven years have passed?"

Stephanie nodded after Sir Topham Hatt asked as she wrung her left wrist, saying, "Whoever came here with the whistle and left behind that message must've forgotten about Sodor itself and disappeared." She paused a little, saying, "I'm sorry that many years have passed."

"No, no, it's okay," Sir Topham Hatt assured her, still pale as Stephanie looked worried for the controller. "I think I need to sit down for the moment."

So Sir Topham Hatt sat on a bench at the station where they arrived back from their walk and adjusted his hat, a little spooked after realizing how many years had passed since being transformed into stone. Stephanie looked at the statues around her and said, "I'll start transforming everyone back to normal. Just take a break here for the moment, sir."

He only silently nodded after Stephanie had explained everything to him and took her whistle out, muttering, "Let's hope this works."

"It will," Notches assured Stephanie as she looked down at Notches with a hopeful expression. "We've seen it happen before."

Stephanie nodded before double-checking the symbol as it is on the gold symbol and taking a massive breath before whistling the whistle, watching an enormous bubble filled with Gold Dust emerge from the Dust Whistle.

She looked confused before an 'uh oh' expression replaced it after witnessing a storm of Gold Dust coming out of the Dust Whistle. But after removing her mouth from the whistle, the bubble rumbled, and Stephanie covered Notches' face along with hers, yanking the whistle back and causing the bubble to pop.