Chapter 10: Welcome to Hatt Hall

Stephanie follows the maid up to the gigantic house, silently awed at how massive this house is compared to her small size. It towered over anyone's height and almost peeked over the trees' heights, but it was not too tall.

There were multiple windows, with several having balconies decorated with flowerpots and even curtains on the other side of the windows. As Stephanie looked at the exterior of the mansion, her curiosity grew.

"That's no ordinary house," Stephanie softly murmured, quoting something from an old movie she once saw but could not remember the movie's name. The mansion's sight made Stephanie feel uneasy underneath all her curiosity, wondering if she would be lost in the hallways if she wandered around the place.

The maid chuckled a little at Stephanie's remark as they approached the door made out of oak wood. The maid opened one of the doors to allow Stephanie to enter first as she was still carrying Notches in her sweater hood and Lucy on her shoulder. The inside of the 'house' was clean and decorated with a vintage taste, lined with different plants and some items here and there.

"Whoa," Stephanie remarked as she looked around, seeing all the small details and furniture. They all looked expensive and beautifully decorated, making the inside of the mansion more beautiful than the exterior. Her curiosity grew over time as she looked around while following the maid, seeing more details. "It's a lot larger inside than outside."

She made a mental note not to touch anything out of curiosity, seeing that everything would be expensive if she made one mistake. Wait, what would happen if she touched everything? Would she accidentally shatter something important and get herself in trouble for getting into her curiosity?

Stephanie felt beads of nervous sweat form on her forehead at the thought of accidentally touching everything out of curiosity. She froze in her path, her lingering thoughts of what would happen echoing through her mind like buzzing bees.

The maid walked up next to Stephanie, along with two other people who noticed Stephanie. She was deep in her thoughts but perked when Notches gently rubbed his head against her chin, snapping her out of her thoughts. Then, someone appeared before Stephanie and asked, "Excuse me, who are you?"

Stephanie snapped out of her mental problems about touching everything around her and glanced at the maid, stammering as she instantly moved her hands in front of her close to her body. "Ah, uh, yes, ma'am?"

The maid silently shook her head after Stephanie looked up at her and pointed toward something or someone in front of her

The maid silently shook her head after Stephanie looked up at her and pointed toward something or someone in front of her. Stephanie glanced in front after stepping to the side, seeing who was standing before her. She was a stout woman with fair skin, brown eyes, and long, white, graying hair tied in a high bun.

She wore a green dress, a green hat, a gold band, and a red flower. Another stood beside her with beautifully thin, fair skin, short brown hair, and light brown eyes. She wore a blue dress with a white trim sweater, a pink heart pin, matching shoes, and a matching hat with a pink hatband and matching flower.