Chapter 2: Stolen Magic, Frozen Town

The child yelped as she flailed her arms around, suddenly appearing like a tunnel with branches covering something glittering from the other side. The cat followed with her, too, flailing around and having no sense of balance in midair.

She looked around as she clutched the whistle in her hands, startled that she suddenly appeared in this dead branch-filled tunnel while they were... glittering what looked like the same gold dust from the whistle itself.

They both continued floating down the tunnel before seeing the end of the tunnel approaching, causing the child to panic. She released the whistle around her neck and scooped the cat into her arms. But she did not slow down as the tunnel's exit arrived towards her and went through in a bright shine of light.

The child and the cat soon popped out of the tunnel and landed roughly in the grass, the child skidding through the dead grass while holding the cat close to her body. She continued skidding for a few minutes before eventually stopping, wincing from the gravel that was poking at her left buttcheek and left leg.

"Ow!" the child winced as the cat hopped off the child's chest after she released it, shaking its body to get some dried grass and dirt off its body, and sneezed out the remaining dirt from its nose. "That's going to leave a mark."

She gingerly stood up as she wiped the grass off her bottom and looked where she had arrived, only to see a massive area that looked like an apocalypse. There were dead trees and grass that were a dried color, and the sky was dark with black clouds, leaving nothing but an empty place.

"What happened to this place?" The child gently muttered as she reached down and picked up the cat from the ground, holding it close to her chest as the cat curled close after sensing the child's worry. "Did I stumble upon a zombie apocalypse?"

She looked where she skidded and noticed she landed near what looked like railroad tracks that were cleverly hidden underneath the tall grass. The child held the cat close to her and followed the railroad tracks, looking for anyone and perhaps flagging down a train to help her know where she was.

As she was walking down the rails, the child noticed that everything looked eerily empty, with barely any animals wandering around. As she turned around the corner, the child perked when she saw what looked like a coach approaching the coach.

"Hello?" the child called, looking up at the coach but pausing when she was too small to see through the windows or see who was inside. "Is anyone here?"

There was no response to her question. The child continued walking forward before approaching what looked like a real steam locomotive. The steam locomotive's color was dull cerulean blue with a red lining, with the number four painted on what looked like a tender.

"Hello?" the child called, walking around the large steam locomotive, feeling her heart beating against her chest with worry and curiosity. When she reached where the driver and fireman were, she peered inside but stopped, seeing that the driver and fireman were statues.

They were frozen in what they were doing, and the child reached over to the nearest leg, tapping it, and was confirmed to be stiff as a statue. The child felt more worried and stepped away from the steam locomotive, confused about why the driver and fireman were statues.

Seeing a station ahead, the child headed towards the station and soon arrived, pausing when she noticed that she needed to climb to get on top. The child first allowed the cat to step onto the platform, and the cat watched as the child pulled herself onto the platform, struggling a little before finally pulling herself entirely onto the platform.

After finally stepping onto the platform, the child picked the cat up from the ground and held it close to her chest, looking around before gasping when she saw something that shook her to her core. Everyone was statues!

Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends: Lost in Sodorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें