Part 12. Can That Traitor Persuade Me?.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Shall I see what cook has for breakfast this morning?". Thomas asked. "Ooo, yes please for I can't remember the last time I ate anything". I replied, as I clutched my stomach slightly, with everything going on, I just simply forgot to eat. "I'll be back in a moment". Thomas whispered, as he headed for the cabin door and just before he was about to leave, I once again gave my orders. "Oh if you see Elizabeth or James on your travels, please see if Elizabeth is alright and if you see James, remember I'm Anthony Taylor not his Fiancé Anne...". "Yes my lady". Thomas said, as he saluted and cut me off slightly, he was just about to leave with on a inch left of him in the room. "Oh and don't forget to knock when you return, as I could be un-decent". I finished. Thomas left and just stuck his hand through the door and gave me a thumbs up, before closing the door and going to find us some breakfast.

Once he had left and I knew it was safe, I slipped out of the night dress and folded it up and place it on the bunk. I then walked over to the wash bowel and filled it again, as I braced myself with the cold water about to hit my skin, at this rate I think the Caribbean sea would be warmer to go swimming in, than this cold bowl of water. I scooped up the water in my hand and lifted my arm up, as I bravely slapped the water onto my armpits on by one, scrunching my face and clenching my teeth as I did so, before I couldn't take it much longer and I quickly grabbed the towel I used before and wrapped myself in it. When I was finally dry and a bit warmer, I then started to put on my manly clothes again, starting with the tight intolerable breeches and then the slightly grubby, not so white linen shirt, followed by the burgundy waist coat and black buckled shoes. It felt a shame to be washing myself to only have to re - apply unwashed clothing again.

I was finally dressed and ready for the day. I was just on finishing placing the last strands of hair underneath my tricorn hat, when I heard a knock at the door. I cleared my throat and answered the knock. "Who is it?". I asked in my manly voice again, for a moment there I shocked myself, as I had forgotten slightly that I could do that to my voice. "It's me!". The voice whispered back form behind the door. It twas Thomas, I them turned my attention from the mirror and went to go and open the door. Thomas walked in startled for a moment, until it finally hit him who was staring back at him.

"Oh gooday sir Anthony, didn't realise you were yet to make an appearance so soon". Thomas mocked. "Well it twas now or never". I replied smugly, in my manly voice. Thomas then closed the door behind him and then turned quickly and chucked a green apple my way, to which I quickly caught with both hands, before it hit me in the face. "Sorry, but all cook had to offer that I didn't have to fight him for, was an apple each". Thomas said, as he plonked himself down upon his bunk. I stood there, not saying anything, not moving a muscle, I could feel my heart racing in my ears, all the bad memories started flooding back, just by looking at this apple situated within my hands, the stench of his breathe upon my face and neck, the taste of rotten apples, as he placed his crusty dead lips upon mine and forcefully kissed me.

I stood there fixated upon the apple in my hands that my hearing went fuzzy, I could hear someone calling my name from what felt like in the distance, but little did I know it twas Thomas softly calling my name to help bring me back to reality. "ANNE!". I heard someone shout out loud, it brought me out of my thoughts and back into the room. "S-s-s-orry". I replied, as I stared into the distance and continued to blink rapidly. Thomas gently took hold of my shoulders and escorted me to the chair, situated behind the desk, he sat me down and I felt all my body flop down, like a how a sack of potatoes would fall should you drop them. Thomas then rushed around the other side of the desk and grabbed a glass and picked up the jug and poured me a drink of water. He then rushed back around and placed the glass into my hands, before bending down to my level.

"Anne, Anne what happened?". He asked concerned as he placed his hand upon my knee. My vision still Hazey but I could make out a figure. "It's silly". I said, as I looked down upon the apple on my lap and starting twisting the stalk in my fingers. "Well whatever that was it could not have been silly for you too freeze up like you did, please tell me". Thomas replied. "Just seeing this brought all the memories back". I said, as I held up the apple to his face. "The apple?". Thomas looked puzzled for a second, until it must have hit him. "Oh Anne, oh I completely and stupidly didn't realise, I am so sorry, please forgive me". Thomas pleaded, as he grabbed hold of my hand and started to caress it.