Chapter VIII: Doubts and feelings

It has been a few months since the two princes were in charge of ruling the kingdom, for fussy people it has been exactly 5 months. The queen kept in touch with two princes whenever she could, sending letters.

It looked like the king and the queen had some troubles arriving at the location of the meeting and when they arrived they found out that the date  was changed because some of the other royalties had problems back in their country and who was already at the designated place had to wait for them.

So the two princes were going to be in charge for more than expected.

"Prince Matthew, prince Thomas" Millicent made her appearance in the dining room where the two princes were having their breakfast and chatting, she bowed down and showed an envelope, "It has been just delivered to me a letter from your mother." She smiled and went over to Matt giving him the letter, "Thank you Millie, you're dismissed" Matt smiled as Millicent bowed down again and left the room.

"What does it says Matt??" Tom looked at Matt, leaning towards his brother to see the letter that was about to be read. Matt took out the wrapped paper from its envelope and started to read it in his mind, then summarizing to his brother.

"Mom says that they're still waiting for the first meeting, there were some troubles and it looks like that more country leaders are still having problems arriving so the others that are there have to wait... At least it was all predicted, so they've already set up rooms for who has arrived, but mom has to share the room with father."

Matt rolled his eyes at the last sentence while Tom huffed for the same reason, "Couldn't they ask if someone preferred single rooms?" Tom said saggy on the table; Matt agreed with his friend, but he knew that it wasn't possible, or better, in the letter his mother just said that begin in a room with her husband was something that everyone expected so they had to do it.

"I doubt mom really had a choice, it was what people thought was normal." Tom sighed, but he knew his brother was right, the king and the queen probably didn't have a choice but to act like the married couple they once were, thing that pissed off the queen, not that the king would be happy.

Once the two princes finished their breakfast they went to their own room and got ready for their day. They met just outside in the garden to review the duties of the day and to divide among themselves equally, an habit they grew with in the past months.

"Uh looks like we don't have anything specifical to do today" Tom said looking at the list that Millicent gave them once again, "Just the usual things... You go get the 'report' of the servants from Millie and I go see if the guards are training well?" Matt rolled his eyes, "As usual Tom"

It started to be pretty much normal, they had this two things to do every day, usually the king never did that, he just gave them these two 'chores' so they wouldn't just hang around probably. Tom much preferred to go see the guards than getting the 'report' of servants... He said that he just thought it was a bit more interasting than just going get a piece of paper.

"Well I'll go then Matt, once you're done you can do pretty much whatever you want, we'll see eachother at lunch." And with this Tom left, without even hearing what Matt had to say.

"Rude" Matt scoffed making his way to the meeting place of the servants to get the report from Millicent.

////////////////////////////////////////////

After having the report from Millicent, Matt didn't have anything to do, he knew Tom wasn't going to be around until lunch... or at least that's what has started to happen since the last 2 months or something less.

|"You're a strange prince" Eddmatt/Mattedd|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें