Chapter V: 'This ain't good...'

It has been 3 days since Edd started working in the castle, and it actually wasn't bad as he thought, Millicent asked him to help him multiple times, so he wasn't doing nothing and he was more than okay with that. His friend Tord wasn't that busy with training, in fact it looked like he had done that for all his life, but that doesn't mean that he never partecipated with the other recruits.

In those days Matt asked Edd to draw him some things: "Flowers, people, places... Everything you think it's worth to draw, so I can see how good you are! It's like homework!" The prince said, of course after he had to explain to Edd what homework was and at the end Edd has delivered 4 or 5 drawings to the prince.

Right now Edd was walking once again to the prince's rooms, Millicent said that Matt wanted to see him urgently. Once he arrived he knocked at the door and was greeted by Matt that opened the door. "Come inside Edd!" Matt smiled and leaded his friend in his room, "You needed to see me your majesty?"

Matt sighed and close the door, "Edward I already told you to call me by my name, but yes I do." The prince stopped smiling and went over to Edd looking at him in the eyes "I think I'll ask you to do the work I thought for you right now." Edd looked at Matt confused, he was alright with starting the job that the prince thought for him, but Matt's actions made him uneasy again, he learned that the prince could really change the emotion that he showed easily, but it was everytime surprising.

"Uh of course your maje- Matthew.. What do I need to do?" Edd stood in front of Matt still uncomfortable as everytime he has been in presence of the prince alone. Matt sighed and then headed to the nightstand, opened one of the drawers and took out a well-kept paper, another piece of paper and a pencil; he looked at it for a bit, almost like he was thinking if this was a good idea but then he just sighed again, he shot a glare at the paper for a fraction of a second and then he sat on the bed. The prince shifted himself backwards until his back hit the pillows that were placed against the bedpost and then signaled Edd to sit on the bed too, but in front of him, so they could face eachother. Edd, more uncomfortable than before, slowly sat on the bed and after that was done Matt handed him the white paper and the pencil.

"I need you to draw the man I'll describe you."

Edd looked at Matt. Just this? It was a bit.. strange. "Can I ask why do you need this man's drawing?.." Edd wasn't sure if asking that was a good or bad choice, but he just let his mouth speak without thinking, so now there he was, looking at the prince that in respond was staring at him, emptiness in his eyes. "We could say.." Matt started moving his eyes away from Edd and now staring into space, "That this person did something really bad a while back and.. I need to find him" The prince smiled, but this time it didn't relax Edd, but the opposite. Edd was sweating cold, the prince was like zoning out and kept smiling, it just freaked Edd out.. At some point Matt snapped out of that and smiled normally at Edd once again.

"Alright! Let's get started!" Matt handed Edd a little board that was supposed to be put under the paper so Edd wouldn't have risked to rip the paper while drawing. Edd took it, he sat on his knees and put the paper on the small board, holding the pencil, "I'm ready.. Matthew" Matt smiled and then took the older paper looking at his old drawing, trying to help his memory.

After a bit, Edd started to feel weird, the person he had to draw was becoming more and more familiar, but he tried to brush it off, probably it was just a feeling. "I remember that he had... yeah green eyes! Since there isn't anything that you can use to colour just write it down next the drawing." Edd thought for a second and wrote down in the better way he could what the prince said. Unfortunately for our Edward, writing wasn't going to be the only thing he'll have to worry about, in fact, the feeling of the person begin familiar didn't stop, until the prince stopped describing, at that point Edd understood why the person was familiar.