"Oh, uh. We don't have to go today if you want to get more sleep." she offered and I shook my head.

I covered Jungkook's groan after I kicked him in the shin under the blanket with a smile. "No, give me half an hour to get ready and then we can go."

"Okay." she nodded and closed the door behind her.

Jungkook flopped back on the pillow and closed his eyes. I stared down at him in bewilderment until I then started to push him off the bed. "Get off."

He swatted at my hand. "Let me. You're leaving anyway."

"Why did you even phrase it like that?" I scolded, getting upset when he just smiled. "It sounded wrong."

It wasn't a lie per se, but the narrative behind it had been different. I think it was just after two in the morning when we went to sleep after I had spotted a huge spider casually crawling on the parquet floor.

Now, I was not a person who had a phobia or disgust for these animals, but that did not mean I would lie in my bed unaffected, knowing that this eight-legged creature was walking through the bedroom. So I had Jungkook find it and put it on the balcony.

We ended up moving the dressers and shelves back and forth because we kept losing track of the spider. Luckily, we had spotted it creeping up the ceiling and caught it without hurting it.

"It was true." he shrugged, now resting an arm under his head and looking up at me with lazy eyes.

I smoothed down the wild strands of hair that were probably sticking out in every direction and sat up completely straight now. I glanced over at him. "Why did you jump on the bed in such a hurry, though?"

He puffed out a breath and got to his feet. "I've been sleeping on that bed for years, haven't I?"

"You have. But we had a deal," I said.

He scoffed, reaching for a shirt from the walk-in closet. "Dalrae doesn't know anything about it. If you didn't realize, spouses are supposed to sleep in the same bed and I don't want her to think anything different," he said and I watched the tattoo on his ribs as it moved me his every turn. "You know, if it repulses you that much to touch me for a second, just say so."

"It doesn't repulse me, Jungkook," I replied. "But we had a deal about that too."

Now he turned to me, his eyes a deep brown as he stared at me. "Our deal didn't include not touching each other. We agreed on not sleeping with other people."

I stopped to think, and he was right. But I thought it did involve that because we had never gotten close in that sense. Did he want to? Did I want that? It made me feel weird, so I ignored his gaze on me and got out of bed, running to the bathroom to get ready.

"Okay, but whatever," I muttered, hearing him chuckle before closing the door behind me.

By the time Dalrae and I reached the mall, it was almost noon. We sat down at a restaurant on another street and had brunch, chatted and she showed me pictures of inspirations of what she envisioned her dress to look like.

I enjoyed the time I spent with my sister-in-law because she was easy to talk to. She was a respectful and always good-spirited girl who would turn 18 in a few weeks. To be honest we still didn't know each other well enough for me to know what to get for her birthday, but I was sure I would find the right thing.

Maybe it was pathetic not having friends to go shopping with and instead hanging out with a barely adult girl, but I had never had a problem with that before because I had been hanging out with Rai my whole life.