XLVIII

Alver was completely in the dark. He looked up, expecting to see someone, but another person appeared. A black-haired man stands directly in front of him.

His expression was sad and longing. His face was adorned with a bitter smile.

I'm sorry. Hyunnie, please be happy.

Alver awoke in a haze. He can feel the pain in his body, but his familiar, warm companion has vanished. He awoke from his bed to find his palace completely white. When he looks out the window, he notices white flags flying around the Holst.

His heart became cold.

He looked around, but there was no one to serve him.

He walked around the room after opening the doors. Pushing his body to walk through all of this. When he arrived at his palace's hall and opened the door, he was greeted by the Church of God of Death standing guard over the small coffin in the altar.

"No...way..."

Robbit immediately approached him and offered his assistance. Alver, on the other hand, shrugged him off and panicked. He held the lid of the coffin and saw his baby lying motionless in the cold.

He couldn't remember what had happened. He only remembered rushing to him and tightly embracing him while being stabbed and squeezed by black tendrils.

I'm sorry. Please be happy, Hyunnie.

His heart sank the moment he remembered the dream with the black-haired man.

His baby seemed relaxed. He seemed to have known the extent of his life. He was as if smiling as he lay dead in his coffin.

Alver kneel. His hand reaches out to his brother's head. He stroked it. His tears uncontrollably fell, it was as if his life was cut short. It turned bleak and dark.

"Your Highness."

He looked at Cale Henituse.

"It's time to lay our little prince to rest."

"A moment," he said quietly. He didn't know how long he had been sleeping, but it had only been a moment. Only a few moments before he let go of this child. "Please leave us alone."

Everyone bowed and exited the corridors. Alver clenched his teeth and kissed his brother goodbye. He kisses his eyelids and his head. He gripped his hand tightly and held on to him for a few more minutes.

Callen must have chosen to save him over himself.

"You owe me a bedtime story," he says, recalling the wonderful memories and joy in their lives. Alver knew he couldn't let go. He can never recover.

'A world without you is meaningless.'

He has spent his entire life raising and loving this child. He spent his entire life clinging to this precious little one and wishing for a happy life for him.

He couldn't keep him safe.

He failed to safeguard him.

Finally, the only one who is protected.

He thought he was doing an excellent job of protecting and raising him. He was only concerned with their insignificant promises. But he didn't say for whom this time, so was there any difference? Was there any point? Was there any point in believing in words that were forced to be said? He realized he wasn't doing it for anyone else but himself. He couldn't take him with him despite the sweet lingering words.

"Please forgive me," he said softly as he kissed Callen's head. He dragged his sluggish, weakening body as he walked slowly. "Hyunnie is sorry," he said with a wide smile, "forgive me Callen... I love you... I love you so much... I'm so sorry..."