XXXII

Alver felt that agony his entire life. He looked up and saw his brother falling from the highest point of the tower.

He can't lose anyone again.

He can't lose someone dear to him again.

He rushed towards him in an attempt to catch him. Eruhaben was too far, and he can't reveal his dragon self in front of them. Choi Han was readying himself to rush.

Please. Make it in time!

Even before he could respond, a loud caw echoed through the air. A black hawk clung to his brother, slowing his fall. However, the hawk's wings were bleeding, and the rebels began firing magical arrows at it. It evaded the attacks, but it was too small to carry Callen's weight.

The magical arrows began to fly through the air with pinpoint accuracy, and soon a white-haired boy with red eyes appeared, his wings clipped and profusely bleeding.

Callen seemed to notice it and had been yelling at the hawk to let him go. The hawk, on the other hand, was tenacious and continued to protect him from the attacks.

"HIT THAT HAWK!" the rebel leader shouted. A magic bomb was thrown into the air.

Callen wriggled and pushed the hawk away, but another hawk caught it and threw it away as quickly as it could.

The massive explosion could be seen even from the palace.

Alver curses as he notices the hawk's wings slowly closing. There was blood on their trail, and his brother was staring at him.

Faster. He needed to be faster.

However, he was stunned when Callen positioned himself as if he was going to be caught. The hawk seemed to have returned to his bird form while still trying to slow down Callen's fall.

"HYUNNIE!"

Why are you so happy? Why do you look like you're still enjoying this?

He couldn't understand why he looked like he was enjoying his fall.

Callen was falling while facing the ground. His small arms were wide open as he called him. He had a smile on his face, too excited to see him. Why? Why? How can you smile like that? How can you laugh in such a dangerous situation where you could've died?

Alver lost all inhibitions and dashed over to him.

He chanted and jumped off his horse, with his arms wide open to catch him.

As if the world stopped, Callen's small arms wrapped around his neck for a tight hug. His brother was smiling as he welcomed him with an embrace, as if he was sure that he'd be able to catch him. He wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer to him. They rolled on the ground until his back slammed through the tower wall. He also carefully tucked the hawk.

"Wah. Hyunnie!" Callen rose and panicked. "Hyunnie, are you alright?"

Alver rose and embraced the child tightly.

"Don't ever do that again."

"He threw me out." Callen refuted but stopped the moment he felt his brother's trembling embrace all over him.

"I don't know what I'll do if I really lose you."

Callen stared at the wall.

"Just stay by my side. You don't need to do anything." Alver said, "I'll give you everything you want... so don't leave me..."

He is still alive, but Alver spoke to him as if he were about to die.

"Hyunnie... I love you, Hyunnie," said Callen—no, Kim Rok Soo adores his big brother. He may have been a huge jerk in the novel, but he was his first family. swordsman. They didn't kill anyone. But soon, the rebel leader stood in front of them. "And I'm not afraid..."