XXIX

The seventh prince now has a black-haired knight, a handsome golden-haired tutor, a package cook, a capable-fast moving servant, and a blue-haired attendant.

The nobles' focus was entirely on the toddler, who seemed to be attracting the majority of the odd individuals that one couldn't find even with their wealth. There's the rising redhead heir to Henituse County, as well as the First and Second Princes' support.

Unfortunately, despite his royal lineage, the toddler didn't seem interested in the throne and had only been learning the most basic things. Furthermore, despite his youth, the youngest prince appears to understand politics better than the rest of the older royalties.

The fact that all of the princes were educated for the throne cannot be denied, but that child excludes himself from it.

It was the day when the princes and princesses were all summoned to the great hall. The youngest prince and princess stood next to each other, but the former seemed uninterested. The royal children are welcome to participate in the open discussion. It'll be quite a spectacle. The nobles can keep an eye on which royal children stand out.

"It'll be either the first or the seventh prince," Deruth Henituse said. He's never gone to anything like this because it's always been boring, and the issues aren't about royalties. The royal scribes and instructors would usually rig the procedure so that one of the princes stood out from the others.

But today's different.

There's the witty First Prince and the vicious Seventh Prince.

In this basic test of looking to see who will stand out, the Third Prince and the First Princess will all be shut down.

The head of the scribes took his seat in front. The nobles remained behind the curtains and were given paper and pens. They can give their recommendations and give points to the royalty who stands out the most.

"Greetings, Suns of Rowoon Kingdom; my name is Hector, Head of the Royal Scribes."

The tension and breathing rate immediately decreased, but only a few royalties were unaffected.

The adorable toddler kept sneaking glances at his older brother, who sat to his right. They didn't appear to be paying attention to the royal scribe.

"Your Highnesses, what does it mean to be a wise ruler?"

The first question in this so-called discussion was finally asked.

This scribe is determined to make the Third Prince stand out the most. However, Deruth was sure that it won't go as it had always been.

Deruth Henituse laughed and looked around at the three siblings, who appeared uninterested.

"They got used to it."

Anyone would, actually.

Other royal children had sour faces.

"A king who was both mighty and wise was feared for his might and loved for his wisdom."

"Being a wise king means that your people are willing to be under your control and give up their arms for peace," the third prince replied, "It means that they would trust you with their lives and trust your decision for the betterment of the kingdom."

Deruth Henituse frowned. It was no less than a tyrant speaking eloquently.

"I disagree." The childish voice echoed, "A wise ruler should rely on what is under his own control, not on what is under the control of others."

Callen Crossman disagreed without waiting for his sibling. "It is no less than a tyrant speaking sweetly for people to trust you entirely one-sidedly without thinking of their protection."