XLVI

It's difficult when you're constantly lying and hiding your true feelings.

Losing sight of truthful words, forgetting what is real.

It's difficult when you forget to laugh and are afraid that someone will notice.

As you struggle to remember how to breathe, you hope no one notices your expression.

That was the story Kim Rok Soo wished to forget. Something that his Record Ability prevents him from doing.

He was about to move when Cale Henituse appeared in front of him. The redhead's wide back soothed him.

Cale addressed him as "Roksu," a name no one will ever call him again. "It is more important to protect the present than it is to dwell on the past."

He looked at him, and a red aura quickly filled his vision. This man, like him, used to dwell on the past, but now they must face the future. He looked at Alver, who appeared to be in possession of something today.

"Hyunnie," he said with a smile, "would you like a story before you go to bed?"

Alver's eyes welled up with tears. "I'll listen to my Callie's story," he said with a smile to his younger brother.

"My". Callen laughed and smiled. That's correct. He now possesses something far more valuable. He had family and siblings who would always go out of their way to help him. "I'll tell brother Ribbit and Brother Helly too."

Robbit and Hellion exchanged smiles.

Another round of laughter quickly filled the area. "What a daring sight," said White Star, the eleven-year-old enemy who has yet to reach the pinnacle of his power.

Several masked and black-uniformed individuals appeared soon after.

Horror awaits in this ice-cold place. Callen thought as he looked above with enemies surrounding them. He can hear the terrified screams of the helmeted knight as Choi Han began pounding him with relentless and vicious attacks. Black Aura began surging up while their battle with the enemy head remained still.

Suddenly, they heard a creaking sound.

To keep a kingdom out of the war was no easy feat.

Cale Henituse is determined to make this the last battle.

"Cale Henituse..." Alver Crossman suddenly called out. Alver threw him a silver plaque.

"This is..."

"Do what you have to do," they said, instantly understanding what this battle meant for each other.

Of course, Alver was in front of his younger brother, while Cale Henituse led the way.

"Do you... trust me?" Cale's question was venomous. Trust? What a farce. Alver Crossman had lost faith in him for the future. Callen knew, and he almost laughed. He knew deep down that Alver didn't understand the complexities of choice. Cale, who didn't have to go, was confined in this foreign world where trust is not an option.

"Of course."

Cale's face creased with a smile. Everyone felt shivers creep up their spines. It wasn't the bright, genuine smile Alver and Callen had grown accustomed to. It was the one on which a slimy bastard would smile when he finally got his prize.

Cale, who had gained the trust of the person he had previously served, wanted to laugh aloud. He used to vomit, scream, and cry to release all of the emotions that had been slowly building up inside of him. He didn't, however. He knew that as long as he was under watchful eyes, he would coddle these people with false comfort and despised that more than anything.