Chapter 17 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

Some of the Viperwolves jumped from the trees, lunging for him. Jake smacked the first one with the end of the stick, making the creature yelp out in pain.

I felt the sting in my very soul and cringed, but kept running through the trees to make it down to him.

Another made a lunge for him, but Jake stabbed it with the end of the spear that he had made sharp. Causing the Viperwolf to cry out and whimper.

It moved away from Jake, with the spear still stuck in it's side. Tears filled my eyes feeling the suffering of the creature and anger took over.

I knew then, that what I was about to do was more than save his life. Not only would it do the work of Eywa, but it would put an end to the suffering of these creatures.

One Viperwolf snarled at Jake and jumped on him just as he took out his knife from his pocket.

The two fell to the ground and Jake struggled with the creature. He managed to slice at it's neck and tossed it away to suffer.

More of the wolves charged attacking Jake and I jumped out from the tree line, bow and arrow ready.

I aimed and let my arrow fly, hitting the one Jake was struggling with in the heart allowing it a quick death. It quickly seized from snapping at his face any longer.

Jake looked up unsure of what had just happened, tossing the creature off him, only to discover the arrow.

He quickly looked around and noticed me. I could tell it relieved him that I was protecting him. "Alexis?!" Jake laughed, happy to see me.

I swung around my bow, to knock away the Viperwolves, hoping to not have to kill any more of them. I grunted as one charged at me from the dark forest and knocked into my chest.

The creature knocked us backwards, down a slight knoll on the ground.

Jake gasped and watched weary of wether to help or stay put. But as we tumbled, I quickly managed to get on top of the Viperwolf and stabbed it over and over with the dagger I pulled from Jake.

Tears filled my eyes as I did so.

I climbed up off the dead creature, just as Neytiri jumped down from her post and too began fighting off the Viperwolves.

We both were swinging at them along side each other with our bows as not to kill anymore. Neytiri and I hissed, baring our teeth as the creatures ran away.

When the danger was clear I turned around and covered my eyes slightly to block away the unnatural firelight that glowed on the ground.

Jake stood to his feet, armed with his dagger, ready to take on Neytiri if need be. Neytiri watched him curiously for a moment, and he just watched her.

Neytiri quickly reminded myself the buffoon he was and simply walked away from him. Neytiri immediately grabbed ahold of the fire stick. I smirked at them.

"Alexis! I'm so happy you're back" I chuckled as Jake hugged me.

"𝐀𝐡, 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬" Neytiri insulted looking around for someplace to put the spear after removing it from the creature.

(Ah, stupid Sky People. Careless. Reckless)

That was what really got my attention as it whimpered in pain.

"Hey, wait! Don't!" Jake called out as she threw it, making the light go out in the small body of water next to us. Jake chuckled angrily, throwing his arms up. "Great." I chuckled at him.