Chapter 62

YUMI'S POV:

"Mimi, it's fine it's probably nothing!" Jieun said rubbing my back.

I hugged my knees tighter, staring at the open EMPTY drawer of my night stand.

Today was going so well, we finally got back from Busan, Jieun drove me home. I kind of wish she didn't now. The offer wouldn't have seemed so appealing if I had known I would end up having a mental breakdown in front of her.

"Seriously, maybe you just forgot to lock the door!" Jieun said, still rubbing my back. "Do you want me to call someone? Call Hyunjin?"

My eyes immediately widened, and I shook my head violently.

Jieun has no clue why I'm freaking out. She just thinks I'm worried because my front door was wide open when we arrived. I ended up going into verbal lockdown before I could share that my window was closed and locked too before I left. I also didn't get the chance to explain that MY NOTEBOOK was in my drawer before I left. THE NOTEBOOK CONTAINING MY PSYCHOTIC PLAN.

This is so bad. This is so so so bad.

"Mimi, please talk. You're scaring me."

Hyunjin handles me way better in these situations. He's the one person I want right now, yet the one person I absolutely cannot invite.

I need to say something.

"Jieun," I say.

I see her eyes light up, relieved to hear me finally talk.

"I did something really bad."

Jieun laughs. "Oh please, I'm sure it can't be that bad."

- - -

Annoying Asshole: *photo*

Annoying Asshole: Snowball is doing fine, the maids took great care of him while we were gone. I'll bring him back to you tomorrow.

Me: Thanks sm!

After I hit send, I tuned back in to the sound of Jieun's chirping.

"YOU PSYCHOPATH?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! OH MY GOD! THIS IS STRAIGHT OUT OF A KDRAMA OR SOMETHING!"

She's reacting to my crazy story exactly the way I expected her to.

"GOD, THAT HEEYOUNG IS A BITCH! I COULD KILL HER! SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO TAKE THEIR FOOT, REEL IT BACK, THEN RAM IT SO FAR UP HER--"

"Jieun, I'm really scared," I interrupt.

She turns around and stops pacing back and forth.

She inhales deeply. "We are going to figure this out. You love him right?"

My eyes widen. "L-Love?"

"You LOVE him right?" she pesters.

I gulp. "Yes."

She nods. "Then this is going to work out! Love always finds a way!"

"That is so cliche and unrealistic," I respond with an eye roll.

Jieun walks over to me and kneels down. She aggressively grabs me by the shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

"We are going to get through this, okay? Don't worry."

- - -

The Summer Before Eighth Grade.

YUMI'S POV:

I squinted my eyes, the sunlight being nearly blinding on this lovely day. Maybe I would mind if it weren't for the way it allowed the lake to sparkle the way it did. I've always appreciated the beauty of nature. I liked the perfection of the imperfect.